Smart Glass Of Denver Uses Sneaky Post-It Advertising

When Kristi went to her car the other day, she saw this mysterious note stuck to her mirror. “PLEASE CALL ME ABOUT YOUR CAR!” Immediately, she thought someone had run into her car—she walked all around it looking for damage, but couldn’t find anything. Worried, she called the number from the parking garage.

I get put on hold for 4 minutes! I hang up. I call again. After 4 billion rings, some dude answers. I say, “hey, are you the person who left a post-it note on my car?”. The dufus on the other end basically tells me that one of his guys probably did. I’m like, “who are you?”. He tells me he is from some auto glass repair place and they would like to fix my cracked windshield.

Okay, we’ll admit this is a pretty sweet use of social engineering to drum up business. But hey, Smart Glass, you freaked out a stranger and tricked her into letting down her guard in a parking garage and walking around her car in a distracted state. Ever heard of business cards?

(Thanks to James!)

“SMART GLASS DENVER SUCKS.” [KristiCannon]

Comments

1. Abusiveelusive says:

That is a pretty good idea. But it probably would have worked better if they answered their phone right away. Or had a line especially for people calling in from that number.

2. bohemian says:

That is a slimy tactic and would cause me to never use their business. I would probably share that negative news with a few people too.

Business cards under the wiper of cars with broken windshields wouldn’t be slimy and might actually get them some business. Put a $10 off or something on the back.

3. qwickone says:

I thought it sounded kind of clever at first, but then I thought about it. If I was the woman in this situation I would be so annoyed that they freaked me out for nothing that I would never take my car there.

4. MisterE says:

Ok, I admit. I’m floored by this one. Isn’t there some kind of advertising law in the state that prevents panic-induced advertising? Would filing a police report do anything? At the very least, I would warn the state attorney general about this company’s deceptive advertising. Perhaps a complaint to the BBB? Are there any county resources available? I’m at a loss of words…

5. snoop-blog says:

not bad. very cheap and effective.

6. yeah kinda sleazy

7. bohemian says:

BTW if anyone uses that I want my normal rate of $150 an hour. It took me a minute to create that so that’s $2.50 but I bill hourly. You can send my $150 to my paypal account.

8. ClayS says:

I would be ripping mad if that was me. To leave an advertisement clearly indicating they are an auto glass company is marginally ok, but to be so deceptive is unacceptable. I would complain to the management of the parking garage, since these people are exploiting the garage’s business. Really, I’d want to throw a brick through the auto glass company’s window with their little note attached, but that’s just fantasy.

9. mantari says:

@mistere: Panic-induced advertising. Is there any better kind?

10. mantari says:

@ClayS: Glass companies are onto the old, ‘upset customer wants to throw brick’ routine. If they have any money, they’ve already upgraded or replaced their glass with something more resistant.

11. unklegwar says:

I hate any unsolicited advertising like this. I get stuff hung on my door, items thrown onto my driveway from cars, etc etc. I save them in a list of businesses never to hire.
    One of the ones thrown on my driveway was for a cleaning service. I came very close to calling them over for an “estimate”, then making them pick up the advertisement, and telling them to go on their way.
    But I figured I’d be treated to some vandalism later on, so decided not to.

12. Nytmare says:

Nothing would be ok, my car is not a vehicle (so to speak) for your advertising. That’s in addition to it being a cheap and poorly implemented trick.

13. mac-phisto says:

my friend has a saying – you don’t screw with a guy’s car, his food, or his chick. everything else if fair game.

i once chased a kid for 2 blocks with a tire iron b/c i caught him putting a flier on my windshield. i guess we’re both lucky i didn’t catch him. don’t EVER touch my car without my permission. it makes me very angry.

14. loganmo says:

I would never take my car into a shop that drums up business by littering fliers, whether they are sleazy post-it notes (copyright 3M) or whether they are normal glossy fliers.

15. vdragonmpc says:

Many moons ago I had an item bounce off a truck and hit my car taking paint off my hood in 2 places and knocking a good chunk out of my windshield…

I got the number and company info off the truck as the guy refused to pull his speeding vehicle over.

The company rep on the phone basically told me to get bent that it was their right to travel in the fast lane on the highway losing debris as they hit bumps and my insurance would cover the damage nicely.

Said item was returned to the company at very high velocity in the late afternoon. Whats good for me is good for them.

16. RenardRouge says:

It got her to call, didn’t it? If the person had left a note that said “We can repair your broken windshield” then she probably wouldn’t have called. What was poor, I think, is how things were handled when she called in.
    “Hi, this is Smart Glass, how can I help you?”
    “Hey, are you the person who left a post-it note on my car?”
    “Yes, we noticed you had some glass damage on your car and wanted to offer you a special if you brought your car to us”

Something like that… some people will love it, some people won’t. But that’s the nature of advertising. I bet you there are lots of people who would say “Oh, wow, thanks, what is the special?”

17. Mr. Gunn says:

DNRTFA, but I think the woman’s a little exciteable. I had someone come up to me in a parking lot and offer to knock a dent out of my car. It was friday afternoon and apparently they had just gotten off work at the body shop and had all their tools in the car and saw an opportunity to make a quick buck.

I didn’t take them up on it, but I didn’t mind being approached.

18. Mr. Gunn says:

vdragonmpc: Maybe you shouldn’t have been tailgating a dumptruck, then?

19. noquarter says:

@vdragonmpc: I had the same thing happen only the big rock came right for my face as I drove. The windshield stopped it, but took a lot of damage.

I don’t understand why it’s legal for trucks, especially dumptrucks, to drive around with shit in the back uncovered. It’s certainly illegal for me to drive around throwing rocks out my sunroof, and they end up doing the same thing.

20. rumbaugm says:

Ignore any such advertisements. If you do need windshield repair or replacement, go through your insurance company and ask for a shop with technicians certified by the National Glass Association.

21. Jackasimov says:

@unklegwar: Totally agree. I see these guys coming in little groups (frequently little inner-city kids with their scummy handler following close behind) down my street either putting shit under windshields or going into people’s yard to drop them on the doorstep and it just gets me pissed. Especially because when they leave they always leave my gate open.

I hate to say though, if it’s a delivery menu I sometimes try them. I’m weak, what can I say. If there was a better way to get delivery menus without having to personally go pick one up I’d do it. Say, isn’t that what the internet was supposed to be for?

22. kantwait says:

@Mr. Gunn: Are you a woman?? If a random guy approached me in a parking lot or parking garage, my general response is to get into my car as quickly as possible, lock the doors and drive the fuck away. Then again, I also live in Baltimore, so this probably the standard response for either gender.
    If I were a guy, I probably wouldn’t freak out so much about being approached or having a random note stuck on my car. But it’s definitely different if you’re a chick; you have to keep your guard up a lot more.

23. qwickone says:

@Mr. Gunn: you dont have to be tailgating for this to happen. I know from personal experience. Also, a little basic physics will tell you that too.

24. might_wake_up says:

It’s just advertising. I fail to see the problem with a company using a creative method to offer their service… especially since her windshield was cracked.

It’s not like they did this to every car. It sounds like they put the messages on cars with broken windows which need to go get them fixed anyway.

It’s smart, focused, and I certainly would assume effective advertising. Definitely not the same as the people who blanket front doors or every car windshield.

25. noquarter says:

@kantwait: Mr. Gunn appears to live in an alternate reality where you can intelligently comment on another person’s state of mind without reading their first-hand words, where everyone you meet in the parking lot is your friend, and where objects moving at high speeds go straight down.

26. milqtost says:

I had this exact same thing happen to me last year in downtown Denver, but it was a surface lot instead of parking garage. I checked my car for obvious damage, didn’t see any and left. I tried the number later that night and the next day and never got an answer so I forgot about it. This might work better if they ever answered their phones. Of course if they answered the phone they could listen to me cuss them out for 10 minutes once I realized what it was.

27. kantwait says:

@noquarter: Hahha…I wonder what the rent is like in this wondrous, magical land.

28. VeeKaChu says:

I take exception with the description of this bit of ‘social engineering’ as ‘sweet’. Sorry for nit-picking, but ‘social engineering’, even when used for “good”, necessarily involves deception. It might be clever, or inventive, but it always leave a mark.

29. SnickerDoodle says:

Many years ago I has a minor car accident, my door was shmushed in.

A few days later I came to my car and there was a repair estimate under the windshield; full business information, phone number and everything, including the correct colour code for the paint (I verified the code later.

I called and asked if the estimate was valid, they said yes up till the date on the paper.

That was cool!

I didn’t have the work done, but I was still impressed. some guy in a truck putting estimates on dented cars to get business.

A post-it would have freaked me out too.

30. theblackdog says:

I remember a glass company that hung out at a local gas station, and everyone that pulled in who had a cracked or chipped windshield would end up with one of these guys on their back about getting it fixed, including offers of taking care of the insurance paperwork for you.

I turned them down for my windshield because I carried a high deductable on the car at the time and the new windshield would fall far below the deductable, so why even bother telling my company so they can jack up my rates?

Besides, Safelite Auto Glass FTW!

31. RandoX says:

That’s a scummy sales technique, but not quite as scummy as this one:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Happened to me last spring. I wasn’t aware of the scam but turned them down because I wasn’t interested in receiving stolen property.

32. mrbiggsndatx says:

Hey consumerist.com!!! POST some info on what recourse we have when these stupid dump trucks go launching rocks out the back of their supposed “covered” beds. Also, how come they put those signs that say they are not responsible. If i drive down the highway launching rocks at them from my sunroof but first post a sign on my rear glass, does that make me not liable?

33. irid3sc3nt says:

@Jackasimov: One of my favorite restaurants put a flyer on my door and I was soooo happy about it.

I live in Denver as well and have had the post-it note thing happen to me in the same parking lot twice. The first time I called, the woman on the other end was like, “Oh, one of our guys must have put that on your car because you have a cracked windshield, would you like to come in and have it repaired?” The second time I had the note it ended up being used as a convenient bookmark.
    There really isn’t a point in getting your windshield fixed here. The next time winter comes around and they’ve put out all the pea-sized and not-so-pea-sized gravel they can you’ll just get another crack. It’s a neverending cycle.

34. RandoX says:

@mrbiggsndatx: It might relieve you from liability, but it could make the uninformed a lot less likely to pursue you for relief.

35. charodon says:

If the company is sleazy enough to use this advertising tactic, why would anyone trust them with an actual repair? Dollars to donuts they obfuscate the price.

36. shrtcrt says:

Since when is it ok to put ANYTHING on my car? I find flyers and business cards on them and I HATE that. I usually call and yell at them for it. Don’t put anything on my car!

37. shadow735 says:

would have been cool if they put I can fix your window for cheap on it.

38. UpsetPanda says:

I hate, hate, hate car spam but this is on a whole other level of sleaziness. I’d freak a little if I saw a post-it on my car like this…I don’t think my first thought would be that someone hit my car, but I think I would be worried about whether someone put it there to make sure I stayed at my car, rather than get in a drive off. Parking garages are just not good places late at night because there aren’t always security cameras, or security of any kind. It’s why I usually get on my cell phone when I leave work, so there’s someone on the other end who knows where I am. I get told that I’m less aware of my surroundings when I’m my phone, but my argument is that it doesn’t matter whether I am aware of my surroundings if I get kidnapped and no one else has a clue where I am or whether I thought there was someone around me.

39. UpsetPanda says:

@UpsetPanda: “rather than get in *and drive off” oopsies.

40. skinman says:

I got one of these about a year ago in a SE Denver parking garage. I wouldn’t use any company that advertised in that manner. It has a fly-by-night feel to it.

41. noquarter says:

@UpsetPanda: The fact that they leave scrawled post-it notes rather than business cards (and even include an exclamation point for good measure) shows that they’re trying to induce a sense of urgency or panic in the recipient. Given the setting of a parking lot, I think that’s inexcusable.

Since there don’t appear to be any laws against instigating panic, this sounds like a case best dealt with by some local Denver news station.

42. might_wake_up says:

I fail to see how this marketing tactic is “sleezy” as so many people are saying. It’s focused and directed in such a way to yield a response.

I don’t really like stuff on my car, in my mail box, on my door, etc. But this isn’t just random unsolicited advertising. It’s not every car in the garage, only those who could benefit from their service.

43. Jasmo says:

Damn, people, it’s a post-it. Deposit in the trash and get on with your life.

44. Balisong says:

@UpsetPanda: That was my thought exactly. This would be a very scary moment to see one of these on my car – parking garages are scary enough as is.

45. Landru says:

@Mr. Gunn: My parents were borrowing my brother’s car that had a dent in the front fender. Someone knocked on their door and he said lived down the street and was was on his way home and could fix that dent for cheap right then, while it was parked in the driveway.
    They thought it would be nice to surprise my brother so they paid the guy. He a started slapping bondo on the car, and they went back in the house for a bit. When they came back out, the guy was nowhere to be found, the bondo (or plaster or whatever it was) was just slathered on, and the battery from the car was gone.

46. aka Cat says:

@SnickerDoodle: That’s targeted advertising done well. If it hadn’t obviously been a repair estimate, it would have been as sneaky as the OP’s experience.

47. econobiker says:

@RandoX: the van speaker guys have been around for years. often they would show the speakers and then give you a box with a concrete block or such, or deliver them inorder to case your home for later break-ins.

Now the funny thing about the Denver autoglass guys would be to call and ask them if they would fix your window where they scratched it putting the post it note on it…

48. ClayS says:

@Landru:

They paid the guy up front?

49. LatherRinseRepeat says:

Here’s another one. A friend of mine came home one day and found a note on her front door. It looked like one of those missed-delivery stickers that UPS and FedEx uses. It said something like, “You have a package waiting for you at our facilities. Call this number to reschedule delivery. Please provide the claim number below”. So my friend called the number, and it turned out to be some telemarketing firm selling time shares or something.

50. RottNDude says:

Call the number and insist your car has damage that wasn’t there until they put the note on the car, so they must be responsible for it, otherwise why would they have left a handwritten note? Give the note to your insurance company.

51. snoop-blog says:

the glass company probably acheived what they set out to do. i’d be willing to bet that even though a bunch of consumerist readers would have nothing to do with them, they still increased business.

52. Buran says:

@qwickone: Agreed. I would have chewed them out for the “let’s force women to take their guard down and therefore make them a bigger target for crime” failure to think. And then not only not gone there but told everyone I know about this stupidity, and told them I was doing it.

53. SaraAB87 says:

Um don’t buy anything off the streets, simple as that. There are enough places to shop online where you shouldn’t have to worry about purchasing merchandise from the streets. If you read articles on here often you should know that even buying electronics in retail stores has many risks now such as people putting tiles in the box of a computer hard drive. I don’t know why anyone would be stupid enough to buy something from a street vendor.

I hate flyer spam, first of all I am a girl and such a note would surely freak me out. I would definitely take action because if no one does then they will just keep doing it. If anyone puts a flyer or other spam on my car I do what many people do here and put it in a pile of places not to order from or contact for service.

54. jamesdenver says:

@mac-phisto:

You sound like a winner. A kid who was getting a few extra bucks flyering cars.

Get over yourself. You windsheild wiper and you are not the most important things in the world…

55. jamesdenver says:

@mrbiggsndatx:

uh they ARE responsible. Just because someone has a sign stating “Not responsible for broken windshields” doesn’t mean that they aren’t responsible.

A sign isn’t a legal contract.

56. snoop-blog says:

this is an old sales trick. its called foot in the door. put an ad that is soooo crazy/tricky/questionable, that the reader will almost always call in. that’s the point is to get you to call opposed just throw away a flier. the guy on the other end of the phone is supposed to be a great saleperson who already is aware you might be pissed but has a quick way to dis-arm your anger (as he already is anticipating it) and then pitch you. sounds to me like their salespersons is a too weak though.

you know when i tell people i sold vaccuums door to door, they are always like “i’d kick your ass if you ever knocked on my door”, …..hmmm. funny thing is, i’ve knocked thousands of doors, never had anyone get rude even but maybe once a month. i find it is all in the approach. you HAVE to be a champion salesperson to pull it off though.

57. RandomHookup says:

@theblackdog:

The reason this works is that in a number of states there is no allowable deductible for glass and nearly any damage qualifies for the replacement. It’s much more profitable when the consumer doesn’t have to come out of his pocket. Kinda like some of the medical insurance scams.

58. snoop-blog says:

TO ALL OF YOU CLAIMING YOU’LL BRING OUT THE CAN OF WHOOP-ASS:

what if if was a little high school girl just trying to work a part time job? i bet you wouldn’t chase HER down the street with a crowbar.

or what if the dude is like waaaaaay more buff than you? you’ll probably back down like a puss.

59. Laffy Daffy says:

Lighten up … guerrilla marketing at its finest

60. Rectilinear Propagation says:

DNRTFA, but I think the woman’s a little exciteable.

@Mr. Gunn: Just because she thought someone damaged her car? Wouldn’t most people assume that’s what happened if someone left a note on their car that only said to call them?

61. mac-phisto says:

@jamesdenver: a parked car =/= open invitation to solicit. i don’t know why someone came up with the idea that it was.

let’s look at it from a little different perspective…you know all those flier boys that stand on street corners in the city & pass out fliers? what if they just stuck their papers in your pocket instead of holding it out for you to grab? would that be acceptable?

maybe to you. i would throttle anybody invading my space like that.

62. vdragonmpc says:

Gunn: I was pretty far back and had the pleasure of watching that hunk of metal bounce not once but THREE times off the highway before it hit my car. It bounced twice up my hood and embedded itself in the windshield. How do you think I was able to return the object to their place of business?

Although on a lower scale the satisfaction levels at the crash it made was completely and totally worth it after getting burnt for my deductable.

63. jamesdenver says:

@mac-phisto:

I don’t care for flyers either – but it doesn’t turn me into a rage filled dick.

Plus it’s a car, not your personal space. If your car is that precious perhaps it should remain in your garage.

64. snoop-blog says:

@jamesdenver: i’m with ya.

it’s the things like this your mother was talking about when she said to “take things with a grain of salt.”

it takes a lot more than a post it note ad, to ruin my day, and take time to chew someones ass who’s only doing their job.

i can’t believe you people can even surf online with all the ad’s there are here. here’s a little secret……..THE ECONOMY SUCKS!!!!! everyones feeling the pinch, and are now trying different ways to bring the business to you, opposed to waiting for it to come to them.

65. UpsetPanda says:

This reminds me of the carjacking hoax perpetuated by e-mail spam: [www.snopes.com] The fact that it is false doesn’t mean that it couldn’t actually happen because it will give a criminal the idea that maybe it would work. I think this was a stupid move on the part of the company because it elicited the kind of response they probably weren’t thinking about (panic, fright) rather than a chuckle and a new customer.

66. Antediluvian says:

@mac-phisto:
    @shrtcrt:
    People really, really, REALLY don’t like it when you touch their car. It’s actually perceived by many (most?) people as an invasion of privacy / personal space.

Whether or not the feeling is rational, it’s there among most of the car-owning populace in (at least) the US.

Don’t touch someone else’s car.

Good, quality outfits know this and don’t do that kind of stuff. People should avoid the ones that do.

67. Sudonum says:

@jamesdenver: Yeah, I thought about putting a sign on my car that read “Not responsible for pedestrians hitting my bumper” and see how far that got me.

68. mac-phisto says:

@jamesdenver: well, to be fair, i really didn’t turn into a rage filled dick until i told the kid to take the flier off my car & he told me to go fuck myself. that’s pretty much the point where i wanted to beat his head in.

but touching my car was definitely the catalyst. as far as i’m concerned, it’s my personal space.

oh, & i don’t have a garage.

69. algormortis says:

I greatly prefer that people not approach my car, as I am often loaded with extremely spendy electronic equipment that mostly isn’t mine.

You can touch it all you want when I’m not in it. Touch it or knock on my window about anything that isn’t police business or someone I know, though, and yer getting doored.

70. @qwickone: I doubt tailgating is always the culprit. My car once got hit with a rock that had come from the tire of a pickup truck passing by in the other direction. It happens.

71. reznicek111 says:

Echoing what another commenter wrote earlier: if a company is that sneaky to begin with – and resorts to that kind of deception to drum up business – I’d think twice about patronizing them. Better to use a service company you seek out than one that seeks you out.

72. socalrob of the 24 and a half century says:

It’s like the call I got 2 days ago about my car. Just purchased it last april. I get a call saying its about my car and its important that I call and heres the number ask for this guy. I don’t know whos calling or why I just get nervous. I call and the guy is kind of rude. I ask who they are and why they are calling me. He suddenly gets nice and says they are the insurance company that the dealer gave me for the 12 hours after I bought the car until my insurance company opened. They wouldn’t let me drive it off the lot otherwise.

Scared the crap out of me at first, I thought it was the bank calling about my loan.

73. Primate says:

I just have a personal disgust for anyone advertising by leaving what I refer to as their “trash” on my car or on my mailbox or inside my door. I can accept junk mail through the mail but anything else pretty much guarantees I wont ever use your business for anything.

74. snoop-blog says:

the best thing about this practice is that it totally eliminate douchy customers that wine and complain about everything!

75. Primate says:

@snoop-blog: and a great deal of us who don’t whine and complain often but also don’t like people leaving their garbage on our property.

76. Tigerman_McCool says:

There’s a huge market for this type work where I’m from. If you’re good at what you do in this field, word of mouth is about all the advertising you need. That being said, this would have really, really pissed me off if it happened to me.

77. snoop-blog says:

@Primate: my comment hit close to home on ya? i didn’t gear it towards you but you sure got defensive.

78. snoop-blog says:

@Primate: garbage? uh they DID have a cracked window….. its not like EVERY car got a post it. maybe he ran out of business cards, saw the cracked glass and so left a note. call it garbage, but i think the same of your car that has a huge spider crack in it.

79. Primate says:

@snoop-blog: It wasn’t being defensive, merely pointing out that this form of advertising isn’t all positive as you suggested.
    The fact remains that she didn’t want to do business with them and now she has to throw that post it in the trash. Just like I have to do with all the flyers that end up on my car and inside my front door.
    Hence, the term trash.

80. edwardso says:

I got a post-it like this in Denver once but it when I looked closely it was printed by a computer, not handwritten. It could be the same company

81. marsneedsrabbits says:

@irid3sc3nt:
    The guys in the little tents in the grocery store parking lots all over Colorado on Saturdays will do it for free in a few minutes & I’m already there when I see them, so no travel.
    My insurance pays 100% to have it fixed that way, so it costs me nothing & my insurance company pays the guy $50.00 after he fills out the paperwork for it (which he does before he does the work – he calls it in to get approval).

82. jwissick says:

I go out of my way not to patronize anyone who puts an ad on my car. It’s illegal and usually turns into litter when people throw them on to the parking lot.

Same thing for stores that hire illegal aliens to put hangers on your house door.

83. overbysara says:

smot

84. yoursupervisorplease says:

In Orlando there is some sort of new trend to combat a law where instead of companies putting up signs they pay people to stand on the side of the road and hold these shoddy pieces of wood and plastic up for passing cars to view. The only problem is the people that they hire to do this are ones you really don’t want representing your store. Take for instance CompUSA, they have this older man that stands on the corner near my house that holds this sign up that says 20 – 40% off sale. Only problem is that this is the same guy that two weeks ago was holding up a sign that read “hungry please help,” on the same corner… Great image CompUSA, HR is really working hard.

85. Mr. Gunn says:

vdragonmpc: Fair enough. I may have done the same it that were the case.

I still think it’s a little much to get worked up over a post-it, but I will admit the possibility that being that worried about things IS appropriate in Baltimore or other northeast cities. FWIW, I live in New Orleans. There’s lots of crime here as you all know, but I wouldn’t get worked up over a post-it left on my car because I can easily imagine some guy actually wanting to fix the ding in my windshield and only having a scrap of paper on him. People are kinda lazy here. They might think up doing something like that as a marketing stunt, but it’s far more likely here that some dude was out of business cards or whatever.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that if I had to live somewhere where I had to worry about some nefarious design behind a damn post-it, I’d end up an alcoholic.

Scratch that, I wouldn’t, because I couldn’t afford it. I think I’d just slowly go crazy.

86. nardo218 says:

@Mr. Gunn: *sigh* Women. Do not like. Being scared. In a threatening location.

Parking garages are dangerous. To women. Maybe not to you. But women do not want anyone approaching them in a parking garage.

87. nardo218 says:

@Mr. Gunn: guess what I’m trying to say is that if I had to live somewhere where I had to worry about some nefarious design behind a damn post-it, I’d end up an alcoholic.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why no man could hack it as a woman. EVERY approach by a stranger is suspected to have a nefarious design.

88. riverstyxxx says:

Assholes.
    Just plain Assholes. Nothing more. That is all.

89. RvLeshrac says:

@noquarter:

It isn’t legal. They’re liable for any damage caused.

If you don’t follow up, however, they’re not liable. If no one notifies the police, they don’t care about whether or not it is legal.

90. RvLeshrac says:

@yoursupervisorplease:

Paying the homeless guy? Hiring the homeless guy for a job? What a stupid idea. No one should ever hire the homeless.

We should expect the homeless person to go to a shelter or apply for welfare, no respectable business wants some homeless person applying for a job.

Then we should bitch and moan about the people who are homeless and/or on welfare. They need to get a job.

91. jdalex178 says:

If I was a windshield glass repairman, I’d have business cards that said “Crack is wack” with my business name and number and I’d put them under the wiper blades of cars in the area with cracked glass.

92. Mr. Gunn says:

nardo218: I’m missing the part where the person got approached in a parking garage. I thought this was a story about a post-it note on a car.

If someone came up to me in my car in a parking garage, I’d be pretty damn suspicious of them, too.

93. Balisong says:

@Mr. Gunn: They did approach – whether this person was there or not, their property was approached. If I saw a post-it note on my car, what would go through my mind was that someone inspected my car, might have looked inside it, might be watching me at that very moment, may have written down the license plate number and model, might be looking up my address or preparing to follow me home. It’s called stalking.

Sound paranoid? This is the life of a woman.

Men cannot grasp these concepts, because they don’t have to worry about them. We do. So trust me on this, something tiny and insignificant like a post-it note on a car can scare a lady s***less.