Sears might be be poised to sell off some of the sadder, dirtier, and lonelier of its department stores. In addition, it will reorganize itself into five distinct companies based around different sectors of the business. Details are sketchy, but so far it looks like one company will just deny warranty repairs and replacements, while another will focus its entire energies on sending incompetent technicians to your house.
Sears To Split Into 5 Crappy Companies
By consumerist.com January 23, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Sears Hires Experienced Consumer Appliance Executive To Run Hardlines, Maybe Sell Stuff
- Sears Shareholders Sue, Claim CEO Is Stripping Company For Parts
- Sears Holdings Comparable-Store Sales Down More Than 10% In Last 3 Months
- Sears Hometown Opens Stores Within Other Stores
- If Kmart And Sears Stores Close Without A National Press Release, Does Anyone Notice?