So, of course, one day after I post about how great E*TRADE’s 5.05% savings rate is, it drops to 4.4%. Truth be told, that was kind of unsustainable with the federal interest rate at 3.5%. It will still probably be higher than the rates offered by the other players which have like HSBC Direct (currently 4.25%), ING Direct (currently 3.6%), and Emigrant Direct (currently 4.55%). Tears, tears.
E*TRADE Drops Online Savings Account Rates To 4.4%
By consumerist.com January 23, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Legislators Once Again Introduce Bill That Would Allow Student Loan Refinancing
- Most State Laws Can’t Protect Borrowers From Predatory Installment Loans, Open-End Lines Of Credit
- American Express Raises Interest Rates In Effort To Be Just Like Other Credit Cards
- More Banks Are Offering Student Loan Refinancing, But Is It Really Safe & Beneficial?
- Legislation Once Again Takes Stab At Allowing Borrowers To Refinance Student Loans