The average age of new car buyers in January 2007 was 43. In January 2008, it was 48. This suggests that as the economy tightens, younger car buyers are staying out of the new car market. [Kicking Tires]
More From Consumerist
- Why Are So Many Recent Car Loan Borrowers Missing Payments?
- The Average Car On The Road Is 11.5 Years Old
- Looking To Finance A New Or Used Vehicle? You’re Likely In For The Long-Haul
- Cheap Gas Prices Could Mean Travel Headaches This Labor Day Weekend
- GM Extends Claim Submission Deadline To January 31 For Ignition Switch Victims