As of January 11th, you can now start e-filing your taxes. Let the fun begin! [Bankrate]

Comments

1. mantari says:

“Hey guys! You can start filing your taxes 10 days ago. Am I late with the announcement?” ;)

2. DallasDMD says:

I’m still waiting to collect all my W2′s.. Grr.

3. m4ximusprim3 says:

@DallasDMD: You’re tellin me. Mine land in my mailbox on jan 31 every f’ing year.

I think my company bribes the post office to hold them till the last possible moment just for spite.

4. etinterrapax says:

I’ve had mine done on TurboTax since the 16th, but am waiting on forms not expected until the 29th.

5. myrall says:

Yup, did mine Friday. Managed to get some of my interest statements online. That always helps.

6. KingPsyz says:

I already had mine deposited in my account over the weekend.

TacAct.com let you file early and submit the return for you at 12:01am on the 11th

7. dwneylonsr says:

Both mine and my wife’s W-2′s were available online by the 15th and I had e-filed by the 16th. But it’s nice of you to let me know I was allowed to do it sooner. :)

8. chiieddy says:

I usually do mine in February, as soon as I’m sure all my 1099s and W2s are in. My former company waits until 1/31 to send their W2s. Of course, I’m always a bit nervous about filing early when I use an online service for my Federal taxes (I do state by hand) since I’m afraid they’ll update their program in March after I’ve filed and fix errors that I’m probably getting.

9. theblackdog says:

I’m still waiting for my 1098′s and 1099′s before I can do my taxes, since it still takes until February to get them :-P

10. KingPsyz says:

there’s a lot to be said for online payroll records and taxact saving your employer info year after year I guess.

I knew my return ammount in late decemeber, just had to wait til I could officially file on the 11th.

11. tobashadow says:

Filed last thursday before 11am which puts me in the slot for this friday the 25th for direct deposit.

I’m coming for you friday newegg you better have the package fillers ready :-) it’s new motherboard/cpu time.

+1 on the love for TaxAct, 10 year user here.