When 5/3 Bank acquired another bank, a computer glitch in the records merging splooged incorrect information into thousands of customer accounts, in some cases totally fudging up their credit reports and credit histories. The bank says it’s fixed everything but one customer says that’s not true and lost three loans due to the errors. [Orlando Sentinel via U.S. PIRG Consumer Blog]
By consumerist.com January 17, 2008
More From Consumerist
- 3 Reasons You Might Want To Dump Your Credit Card
- Am I Completely Screwed If My Student Loan Co-Signer Dies?
- Fifth Third Bank Backtracks On Its Pledge To End Payday Loans
- CFPB Fines Regions Bank $7.5M For Collecting Illegal Overdraft Fees
- Credit Card Issuers Increase Limits For Subprime Borrowers; Raise Concerns About Risks