The FDA’s announcement today that cloned beef and dairy is safe was met with criticism by several consumer groups, which isn’t surprising, and the US Department of Agriculture, which is—they say that food producers should continue to honor a “voluntary moratorium” for the indefinite future until consumers have time to learn to love cloned beef. [Washington Post]
By cwalters January 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- From The Cranberry Institute To Pickle Packers International: A Guide To Food Industry Trade Groups
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- Mechanically Tenderized Beef To Finally Be Labeled
- Appeals Court: Insurance Doesn’t Have To Pay For 2008 Burrito Recall
- Black Angus Burgers Sold At Walmart May Contain Pieces Of Wood