The FDA’s announcement today that cloned beef and dairy is safe was met with criticism by several consumer groups, which isn’t surprising, and the US Department of Agriculture, which is—they say that food producers should continue to honor a “voluntary moratorium” for the indefinite future until consumers have time to learn to love cloned beef. [Washington Post]
By cwalters January 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- From The Cranberry Institute To Pickle Packers International: A Guide To Food Industry Trade Groups
- Organic Ground Beef Sold At Wegmans Stores Recalled Due To Plastic Fragments
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- Mechanically Tenderized Beef To Finally Be Labeled
- Ranchers Legacy Meat Co. Recalls 1,200 Pounds Of Ground Beef Over E.Coli Contamination