3 Deer Attack Pittsburgh-Area Furniture Store

A group of three deer attacked a Pittsburgh-area furniture rental store, breaking windows and leaving a trail of hair and blood as they rampaged through the sales floor, says WPXI.

The deer entered the store by breaking through the glass storefront, setting off the security system and alerting police. The deer then exited by crashing through a different set of windows.

Something strange is going on with the deer in Pittsburgh. In a little over a year, deer have crashed through a nursing home window, a bank window, and one jumped into the polar bear exhibit at the Pittsburgh Zoo.

deeratbank.jpg

Deer Crash Through Window, Damage Store (With Video!) [WPXI]

Comments

1. remusrm says:

he tried to refy on a fixed rate, but got denied cause he had to equity and was making too much payments on this land investment and his escalade…

does this really need to make first page?

2. forgottenpassword says:

Boy,I tell ya! Horny deer are a squirrely bunch! I deal with deer on a nightly basis at my night job & during deer season I have to make sure I dont smack into them as they are chasing doe`s all over the place. I have seen bucks smack into trees (& other objects) while trying to chase after doe`s while avoiding my jeep. City park deer are just bizarre acting, on several occassions I have witnessed them stand on the side of the road within feet of passing cars & they will not react in the slightest. I have also seen deer stand perfectly still while watching me drive or walk less than 15 feet away.

Yep!, them deer are a squirrely bunch!

3. m4ximusprim3 says:

Wait, did the deer that went into the polar bear exhibit make it out? Or did he become bear munchies?

4. brent_w says:

@m4ximusprim3:

Apparently the bear were interested but zoo staff corraled the bunch before the bears could see how deer tastes.

5. dorianh49 says:

Great. Now there’s going to be a Deer Rampage Furniture Sale. Followed by a Post-Deer Rampage Furniture SALE. Followed by a Post-Deer Rampage Aftermath SUPERSALE. They’re going to be milking this for YEARS!

6. lalala1956 says:

but the deer in the polar bear exhibit ended up dying because it’s leg was broken

7. DanGross says:

As a follow-up, the deer have apparently filed a discrimination suit against the furniture rental store. A filing from the law offices of Buck, Doe and Fawn, representing the deer, claims that the deer were there to “arrange for extra furniture and a large screen TV for their upcoming Super Bowl party” but were handed a bill that was double what they expected. Further, they claim that the store’s equipment violates ADA requirements, as the buttons on the TV remote were too small to operate with a cloven hoof. Says a spokesman for the rental store: “Our terms of use clearly state that the furniture was built for bi-peds. Of course we have to charge a courtesy fee to accommodate for the extra legs. As to the ADA charges…I mean, come on…hooves?!

8. uricmu says:

Pittsburgh is one of those cities where everyone tries to live in the suburbs and there’s constant development with MacMansions and rental complexes. It must confuse the hell of out the deer, combined with record high temperatures (70 degrees last week) and a whole bunch of hunters.

Pittsburgh hunters are not that good, last week they shot cows thinking they were deer:
    [www.wpxi.com]

Also, Pittsburgh recently developed a wild turkey problem.

9. Erskine says:

@remusrm:

What the heck are you blathering about?

10. Erskine says:

@uricmu: “Also, Pittsburgh recently developed a wild turkey problem.”

AA, man, AA…

11. mgyqmb says:

Deer are so stupid

12. hi says:

I’m trying to think of a witty comment but I’m like a deer in headlights.

13. howie_in_az says:

@Erskine: I think he’s attempting to be funny.

I’m so happy I don’t live in that shithole called Pittsburgh anymore.

14. backbroken says:

@brent_w: Yes, the deer escaped the bears. But it died shortly after from a combination of fright, shock, and exposure to the elements.

15. BoC says:

“D’oh!”

“A deer!”

“A female deer!”

16. Lmam says:

So would this make them… Win-Does?

17. nursetim says:

The part missing from the story is the deer jumped into the store trying to return bathroom tiles in an electronics box, and jumped out the other window to avoid being sold an extended warranty and to not show their receipt.

18. strathmeyer says:

“Something strange is going on with the deer in Pittsburgh.”

Indeed. The only thing that makes deer rampage is suburban expansion, and Pittsburgh has been dying for years. Maybe it was the fact that it’s snowing now and it was shorts weather a week ago.

19. Dibbler says:

@strathmeyer:

I’ve been hearing about the warm-up on the news. It’s billed as the end of the world. Don’t you guys in the northeast have “January thaw” like we do in the midwest? Every year since I was a kid it would always get nice sometime in January and then get cold again…like right now! brrrrrrrr.

20. SexCpotatoes says:

My favorite webseries is filmed and based in pittsburgh: [www.somethingtobedesired.com]

21. Raiden47 says:

@remusrm:

Uh, learn to read?

22. Nemesis_Enforcer says:

@backbroken: Too bad they didnt cut up that dear and feed the bear some normal habitat food. Or maybe they did I thought I read they had to test it for rabies and junk.
    @forgottenpassword: I once had a deer jump in front of my motorcycle, I managed to stop about 3 inches from him and he never moved. I tried revving my engine and honking the horn to get him to move…nada. So I backed up and got off the bike and started walking up to him. I actually got to touch him for about 10 seconds before he ran off. I wanted him to just get off the raod, growing up in the burbs of Chicago I saw lots of horrible deer/car accidents.

23. MotherFury says:

@howie_in_az: You can leave, but it will always find you – like when you’re standing in line at the store, a thousand miles away from dahn-tahn, and you hear over the candy rack, “yins comin to the hause later? I red up the place for company.”

They find you, they always find you.

(moved in ’68, still visit, still bleed black & gold ;-)

24. goodkitty says:

I for one welcome our new deer overlords.

25. That70sHeidi says:

Those wild turkey herds (flocks?) are really, really creepy. Stephen King needs to come visit, I’m sure he could at least get a miniseries out of it.

@motherfury – I thought “red up” was a country thing? I never heard of it till I met someone from Bedford.

26. Benstein says:

The Pittsburgh area has always had a deer and turkey problem. When I lived west of the city I attributed this to the fact that they are chopping up forest like mad to create housing plans, but now that I live in the South Hills in a neighborhood around 80 years old, and *still* have deer in my backyard, I attribute this to just too many deer.

27. MrWashy says:

I live NE of Pittsburgh and I can tell you, the deer in this area are particularly stupid. Not that deer are considered smart (normally somewhere between a housefly and dirt in intelligence) but ours definitely rode the short bus.

28. kc-guy says:

I’m not sure urban sprawl is the only cause of an increased deer epidemic. They are just as much an urban creature as raccoons and squirrels, they just are a hell of a lot more annoying when you run them over, or when they get into the garden.

@Nemesis_Enforcer: I’ve heard some bike-deer horror stories, glad you made it out of that one without a gravel tattoo.

29. kc-guy says:

By the way, I live in Kansas City. Mid-western yes, but believe it or not, it’s about 40% bigger than Pittsburgh.