How to cancel dead parent’s credit cards. Remember that when closing down a deceased relative’s accounts, any outstanding balances are to paid by their estate, not their heirs. [Kiplinger]
More From Consumerist
- My Credit Card Interest Rate Is Going Up. What Are My Options?
- 3 Ways You Could Be Hurting Your Credit Score Even If You Pay Your Bills On Time
- Chase Credit Card Settlement Halts Collections On 528,000 Accounts
- Discover To Let You ‘Freeze’ Credit Card When You’re Not Sure If It Needs To Be Canceled
- Dish Wants $400 To Let Daughter Cancel Dead Mom’s Account