Consumerists Meet In Real Life

This weekend I was standing in line for the movies and overheard a guy in line talking about a site where there’s the 1-800 numbers and keycodes to press to get a live human when calling customer service. I knew he was talking about GetHuman.com so I introduced myself and we started rapping about how Sprint customer service sucks. As I did that, the couple in back of us leaned over and said, “You write for The Consumerist? We read it every day.” That was amazing, to meet at the same time two sets of people who were right on the same consumer action wavelength as this site. Evidently, the time for our revolution is nigh.

Comments

1. ucdcsteve says:

Just be careful, Ben… If you get too popular and have to set up an 800 number for the Consumerist fanclub, make sure it’s staffed with appropriately trained call service technicians. :)

Sprint customer service…so bad it brings people together.

2. stephenjames716 says:

long live the consumerist!

3. hi says:

You all will receive a free 2 litter bottle of pepsi for your participation… or maybe not.

4. JPropaganda says:

And you’re not even going to tell us how “There Will Be Blood” was?

5. ElizabethD says:

When’s the first Consumerist convention? Do we get cool lanyards and badges like at the Star Wars celebrations?

Love,
    The Geek

6. Ben Popken says:

@JPropaganda: It was awesome!

7. Quellman says:

I have the question that is burning everyones mind… What movie?

8. I think it’s cool when stuff like this happens. The internet makes us seem like the world is further away from us than it actually is. I think that’s why people get so star struck when they meet celebrities like Ben.

9. Trai_Dep says:

So Ben, did you flash your Consumerist badge to (cough) get some? Details!!

10. kc2idf says:

It is kind of cool, actually. I know the feeling because I used to do a radio show about technology that was broadcast on about a half-dozen stations. Usually, I was recognized by voice and accent (my accent is a little unusual in the area where I live).

11. Consumerist Moderator - ACAMBRAS says:

I was just telling Carey that we need to have a Consumerist hot chocolate tasting party soon.

12. Trai_Dep says:

…With pictures, blow-by-blow coverage of the judging, and the crowning of a triumphant winner. Along with the recipe, of course.

Hot-chocolate-milk mustaches flaunted by all! :D

13. m4ximusprim3 says:

Ben: “And then the old lady in front of me turned around and said ‘Hey, you’re the one who made funny faces on the fox news network! You’re that nifty credit guy!'”