What’s the best month to buy computers? Comforters? Cars? Every month is a different time where various goods can usually be found their best price. January, it seems, is the right month for bedding, TVs, winter clothing, and toys. [Frugal For Life]

Comments

1. UpsetPanda says:

But are the deals seriously better after black friday/Christmas? I was looking at TVs and none of them seemed to have the kind of deals that Christmas or black friday brought along. Are we not considering holidays?

And is there a site where I can track the price of gold?

2. Rando says:

The TV deals have not started yet. I’ve just started to see superbowl TV ads and the TVs are selling for normal price.

Give it time. I’d say near the end of January.

3. brendanm14 says:

November for Computers?

I think the best deals are during back to school months.

4. MercuryPDX says:

@JD: I found this article using “The Google”.

5. SaraAB87 says:

I know a lot of the video games I purchased from Amazon over the holidays have doubled in price now that its January so the holidays are definitely the best time for buying video games. There are deals during the entire Christmas season, the best deals on toys are probably after Christmas or on Christmas Eve if you can find any stores that are open (I know that target does markdowns on Christmas Eve).

6. evslin says:

@brendanm14: I’m guessing late summer too, before school starts.

7. gmark2000 says:

Now is the best time to buy a kite.

8. CyGuy says:

“January, it seems, is the right month for bedding,…”

I was at IKEA today, they have generic (made in china) pillows for $0.99 in standard, queen, AND king! Also, their quilt fillers (they sell the filler and the covers seperately) are half off, with some of the covers also half-off.

I presume that retailers think it’s as cold as it is going to get so if you NEEDED blankets you would have bought them by December and they want to clear out any unsold inventory while there is still some sort of demand.

9. banmojo says:
  10. banmojo says:

Black friday may have some incredible deals, but that’s just to get people into the doors, and if you don’t stand in line all night your chance of scoring an incredible deal is slim to none. My time is more valuable than any money I might save standing in line 8 hours. Just shop online, do your research, and most of your purchases will be at best price and you’ll get decent service.

11. theblackdog says:

@CyGuy: That Ikea deal rocks. two king size quilt fillers for $7 each and a $30 quilt cover make for one very warm winter blanket :-D