In a speech today Feddy Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke suggested that even steeper interest rates could be in the works. His strong language suggests that they’re considering a half-point drop, down from the current rate of 4.25%. If they follow through, the cut would be expected to be announced at the next Reserve Board meeting on January 29th. Last time rates were cut we took a look at how it affects the price of a bushel of corn in Kansas, i.e., you the average consumer, and another rate cut would be more of the same.
Fed Hints At Further Rate Cuts
By consumerist.com January 10, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Uber Cuts Some New York City Fares By 15%
- L.A.-Based Auto Lender Must Pay $48M In Fines, Refunds For Illegal Collections
- Why Are Borrowers With Less Student Loan Debt More Likely To Default?
- Report: Payday Lenders Funded Academic Research Favorable To Payday Lending
- FCC Proposal: Phone Companies Need To Offer Backup Power, Actually Notify You If They Kill Off Your Copper-Wire Landline