DHL and Walgreens cut a deal to open DHL shipping kiosks inside stores. 1,600 Walgreens will be offering DHL services around the clock.[Forbes]

Comments

1. dorianh49 says:

They also have a new Dell laptop sharing agreement in effect.

2. Walgreens, CVS, etc all have the same business model that I thought would never work when I was a kid…. fill a store full of mostly unrelated high markup items, peppered by generic crap.. and rake in the cash.

High on the list are the printer ink and pharmaceuticals… What’s next, Martinis?

3. mysticone says:

I’ve always found it funny that a stores that sell medication/prescriptions and other health items also sell cigarettes. At least, that’s how it is at the CVS stores here. I usually avoid Walgreens because the ones here always seem to be quite messy and cluttered, and it bugs me.

4. homerjay says:

This is great. I ship DHL all the time and the nearest place is a few miles away. There’s a Wallgreens right down the street.

5. jaya9581 says:

Just one more reason to not shop at Walgreens. DHL is just the slightest step above the USPS. They just delivered me one of 2 packages I’m waiting for – they say the address that’s on the other one does not exist, even though it’s the SAME EXACT ADDRESS AS THE ONE THEY ALREADY DELIVERED – and they confirmed that! Not to mention I live in freaking Los Angeles, not rural Maine or something. My address exists. They said they would “try” to redeliver today – except the driver FORGOT THE PACKAGE. :/ W2G, DHL

6. homerjay says:

@jaya9581: They do seem a little rinky-dink at times but I’ve never had anything lost or show up not on time.
    Occasionally when the guy shows up here to drop a package off he’s in a car or an unmarked van or a Ryder truck or something…

7. speedwell (propagandist and secular snarkist) says:

DHL has delivered ONE package on time out of dozens I’ve shipped as a secretary (with no say in who we contracted with for shipping). I would complain to our corporate office, who would say, “But they were the lowest bidder.” Damn, I’m glad I don’t work there anymore. Or as a secretary.

Out of many packages I’ve received (or in some cases NOT received) from DHL, I’ve had some problem with EVERY delivery. Each and every one. I’m tired and I don’t want to elaborate, but I assure you it is the truth.

8. TSS says:

Well I was pleased. I’ve had nothing but wonderful service from DHL. And if you have to ship something overseas, no other shipper is better at clearing packages through customs FAST.