Morning Deals

• Bally’s: Free 8 Week Fitness Membership
  • Tanga: Atlantic Eternity Lite Wheeled Tote Bag For $27
  • Sears: Craftsman 12V Cordless Drill/Driver w/2 Batteries for $25 (in-store pickup only)
  • Highlights From Dealhack

• Discovery Channel Store: Save up to 75% off all DVDs & Series Box Sets
  • Meritline: Kingston 1GB Secure Digital Card $9 Shipped & Other Flash Memory on Sale
  • Geeks.com: Philips MCD139 DVD Micro Theater Shelf System $65 + $2 Shipping Site-Wide
  • Highlights From Bargainist

• Amazon: Up to 70% off skateboards & accessories
  • Amazon: Canon PowerShot SD40 7.1MP Digital Elph Camera $160
  • Comments

1. nffcnnr says:

i’m going straight over to Geeks.com!! Can’t wait to get the DVD Micro Theater Shelf System so crooks can go ahead and steal all my credit card and personal info!! Is there a way to skip the middle man and just forward all my data to the thieves??

2. ClayS says:

@nffcnnr:

That was a slam dunk!

3. tange1 says:

Not a smooth move consumerist, not like you at all. They might be one of your advertisers but you need to consider advertising a company who just leaked some of your reader’s personal info.

4. SpenceMan01 says:

Wow. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to notice the irony!

5. BloggyMcBlogBlog says:

How about that Bally’s deal as well. I wouldn’t go to Bally’s to work out even if I looked like that Michelin Man kid that eats at McDonalds.

6. Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) says:

On the contrary, I’m rather disappointed I wasn’t the only one to notice it.

7. RogueSophist says:

And it’s the adjacent story, too. Classic!

8. Buran says:

And they’re advertising Ballys after repeatedly reporting stories where those crooks refuse to stop charging people?

9. Falconfire says:

@Buran: Its free, thats why. Often this rundown has free and cheap deals from groups that also are commented on (like Apple, Dell etc.)

That being said, I dont remember a Ballys story here, I do remember a number of storys from a gym Ballys USED to own, but sold off before their bankruptcy.

10. Buran says:

@Falconfire: There’s ALWAYS a downside to “free”.

11. pestie says:

Sears? Geeks.com? I am so sick of this! Someone at Gawker Media is dictating to Consumerist that they must post this crap. It’s the only logical explanation for how companies we know are fucking us end up getting posted as “deals” here. And nobody from Consumerist has ever responded when I, or anyone else, has brought this up. Ben, Meg, Chris – I hope they pay you well.

12. saltmine says:

WARNING! Don’t go for the Bally’s. It’s about the equivalent of signing up for a timeshare presentation. They hit you HARD with sales pitches and ultimatums, require you to take 2 training sessions (followed by more hard sells), and tell you you can only go during certain days and certain hours. Not worth it at all.