Nearly two million TV converter box coupons have already been requested from the gov’s coupon site. You have until March 31st, 2009 to request one. [Reuters]

Comments

1. topgun says:

Government subsidised television. What will they think of next. In the meantime I’m paying $600 a month for health care insurance with a $2500 deductible.

2. oldtaku says:

Question: Are all consumers eligible for the coupon program?

Answer: Yes, but supplies are limited. there are 22.25 million coupons available to all U.S. households. Once those coupons have been used, there are an additional 11.25 million couopons available only to households that solely receive their TV broadcasts over-the-air using an antenna. Households with TVs connected to cable, satellite or other pay TV service are not eligible for this second batch of coupons. Consumers can apply for coupons until March 31, 2009, or until the funds are exhausted.

3. Chris Walters says:

@sarusa: Thanks, sarusa. I’ve updated the post and removed the “unlimited coupons” reference.

4. LatherRinseRepeat says:

I dunno.. These converters can cost up to $200. Is a $40 voucher enough? Sheesh.

5. vatica40 says:

If you’re paying $200 for a box it may just be time to suck it up and get a new tv maybe?

6. MoCo says:

Logically speaking, the coupons should be able to be used toward a new TV instead of a converter box, if the consumer desires.

7. Buran says:

@topgun: This has already been whined about, and rebutted, in the last thread on this topic.

8. topgun says:

@Buran:
    Gosh I am SO SORRY.
    I did check it out and most of the whining came from your 9 posts on how to get the vouchers that you feel you so richly deserve.

9. snoop-blog says:

@topgun: too funny!

10. JMH says:

Somebody explain to me why I might need one of these?

11. Rusted says:

@vatica40: Or no TV at all and a really good reading lamp.