If you’re serious about keeping your personal information safe, then make sure you wipe your computer’s hard drive with something like Eraser or Darik’s Boot and Nuke (DBAN) (both free) before handing it off to a friend, family member, or random stranger. [New York Times]
By cwalters January 4, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Oops: Cops Distributing Spyware To Families As “Internet Safety” Tool
- Amtrak Will Now Start Enforcing Baggage Limits
- 3 Ways You Can Help Protect Against Elder Scams
- “Checking Your Credit Report Will Hurt Your Credit Score” And 4 Other Credit Myths
- What Happened After TV Show ‘Pimp My Ride’ Pimped People’s Rides?