Consumerist Editor Ben Popken will be on Fox Business News Monday at 12 noon to discuss the changes in store for FICO 08. UPDATE: It looks like our video slave is home today, so if anyone wants to DVR Ben’s appearance and email the video file to tips@consumerist.com, we’ll like, make you a cake or something.

Comments

1. AT203 says:

I’m pretty offended that Ben would contribute to the startup of the Fox News Business network. I think it is pretty likely that we will see Fox Business follow the path of Fox News. In the business news context, that will mean carrying water for anti-consumer business interests.

I know it is flattering to be invited onto TV, but Fox Business is a startup and they are desperate to fill up their time. It is not a big of an honor as you think it is.

Sorry for the harsh criticism, but we have Newscorp largely to blame for the sorry state of public discourse and the balance of power in America today.

2. niteflytes says:

@AT203: Killjoy

3. chili_dog says:

Offended. The battle cry of the ineffectual.

4. Squeezer99 says:

@AT203: rofl you can’t be serious. its sad/scary that someone with your thoughts like that exist.

on another note, why the heck does consumerist load cache.gawker.com and why the heck does cache.gawker.com load sofa king slow?

5. Nick says:

My question is why Ben would be invited to talk about FICO scores. Why not someone from, oh, I don’t know, Fair Isaac Corporation or even Equifax, Experian, or Transunion? Why not someone from Chase or Citigroup? Why not a major credit card issuer like Capital One or Discover? What about Wells Fargo or Washington Mutual or someone who grants credit for mortgages, etc.? Really, why not our dear friend Elizabeth Warren?

It just sounds like they had to pass up a lot of people that are actually in the industry or have a background with this to pass this topic on to the editor of Consumerist.com…

6. EtherealStrife says:

@nick2588: Faux News isn’t known for employing experts.

Congratz Ben! Any exposure is good exposure. Just don’t take that too literally.

7. homerjay says:

@chili_dog: Well put.

8. faust1200 says:

@AT203: Don’t worry. As soon as the camera is on Ben he’s going to scream BABABOOEY!!!

9. remember ben; nothing but a sock on…nothing but a sock

10. DrGirlfriend says:

@niteflytes1: I’m going to have to remember that. Well put.

@faust1200: That would be quite rad.

11. DrGirlfriend says:

Damn, I meant to respond to Chili_Dog in my first @.

12. foxnews is excluding ron paul from the next debate

13. LadyCarolineLamb says:

Did he get bumped? It’s 12:07 and still no Ben….

14. LadyCarolineLamb says:

AT203’s posting history reminds me of that character on SNL that (forgot the same) that always said negative things no matter what the conversation. Downer someone, or something to that effect…?

15. LadyCarolineLamb says:

Yes! Here it is…
    AT203 I crown you the new “Debbie Downer”
    [en.wikipedia.org]

16. LadyCarolineLamb says:

12:18 Still no Ben…I give up

17. LadyCarolineLamb says:

OKAY…it came on at 12:30, my phone rang, by the time I was able to hang up, I heard the “Thank you” to Ben for coming on :”'(
    Conveniently DVR broken and new one coming tomorrow.

18. Ben Popken says:

I got pushed back to 12:25ish.

19. tadowguy says:

Why would the Fox Business Channel want to hear the consumer side of things? Aren’t we consumers the people who cause poor poor businesses all these problems?

20. Nick says:

@tadowguy: That’s right. If all you pesky consumers could just have more money, we wouldn’t even need this FICO score crap! :-p