One of the dangers to watch out for when buying a home are the various kinds of fees that can crop up, and comparison shopping these fees is not always easy. Now there’s a new site that gives you a reasonable baseline you can expect, specific to your area and property deal. Input your transaction, property and occupancy type, purchase price, and zipcode, and FeeDisclosure.com will tell what various fees you can expect in getting your mortgage. Much-needed transparency for a notoriously murky and shark-infested industry.
FeeDisclosure.com Analyzes Mortgage Fees
By consumerist.com December 24, 2007
More From Consumerist
- How To Avoid Getting Scammed When You Sell A Timeshare
- Two Reasons Anyone Who Remembers The Recession Had A Problem With Quicken Loans’ Super Bowl Ad
- Electronic Mortgage Documents Easier To Understand, Provide More Benefits For Consumers
- United Airlines CEO: Checked Bag Fees Are Here To Stay, Just Part Of Doing Business
- Should Hotels Be Required To Include Mandatory “Resort Fees” In Published Room Rates?