As part of a 3-month fire-safety campaign, the Chinese city of Zhuhai has banned all Christmas trees and related flammable decorations from all stores, malls, restaurants, and other public spaces: “Those that fail to rectify the situation will be subject to legal measures like suspension or closure.” [Reuters]
By cwalters December 24, 2007
More From Consumerist
- CarMax Plays “Used Car Recall Roulette” By Selling Potentially Dangerous Vehicles
- Alibaba Promises To Help CPSC Keep Banned Merchandise Out Of The United States
- What Happened To Those Google Barges?
- Toyota Recalls 690,000 Tacoma Pickups For Rear Suspension Issue That Could Lead To Fire
- January Recall Roundup: Watch Out For Melted Monkeys