As part of a 3-month fire-safety campaign, the Chinese city of Zhuhai has banned all Christmas trees and related flammable decorations from all stores, malls, restaurants, and other public spaces: “Those that fail to rectify the situation will be subject to legal measures like suspension or closure.” [Reuters]
By cwalters December 24, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Class-Action Lawsuit Accuses Fiat Chrysler Of Hiding Safety Issues To Increase Stock Value
- CarMax Plays “Used Car Recall Roulette” By Selling Potentially Dangerous Vehicles
- Macy’s Herald Square Welcomes The Start Of Fall By Putting Up Christmas Decorations
- Alibaba Promises To Help CPSC Keep Banned Merchandise Out Of The United States
- What Happened To Those Google Barges?