FTC takes heat for giving credit bureaus a special exception that allowed them to make lists of people who just filled out a loan application and sell them as leads to subprime lenders. [USA Today via U.S. PIRG Consumer Blog]
By consumerist.com December 21, 2007
More From Consumerist
- The Other Danger Of Online Payday Loans: Identity Theft
- 3 Things That Won’t (Or At Least Shouldn’t) Affect Your Mortgage Pre-Approval
- Court Shuts Down Payday Lenders Who Made Millions Off “Loans” Borrowers Didn’t Ask For
- Banks Can’t Get Away With Horrible Mortgage Practices Anymore, So Now They’re Doing It With Car Loans
- Why Are Some People Having A Harder Time Paying Off Car Loans Post-Recession?