Great Moments In Commercial History: Johnson Automotive

A change of pace this week: If you’ve ever wished that a local car dealership would hire the same agency that does the ads for GEICO, your prayers have been answered by Johnson Automotive of Raleigh,NC.

This badger is our new favorite thing.

If you’d like to nominate a commercial for our weekly series “Great Moments In Commercial History” send us an email at tips [at] consumerist [dot] com. Be sure to put “Great Moments In Commercial History” in the subject. To see other commercials that have been featured in the series, click here.

(Thanks, MercuryPDX!)

Comments

1. BlondeGrlz says:

I want to drive to NC just to buy a car from these people. That badger is going to give me nightmares, but it is freakin hilarious. I esp. love the one with the woman “this here is the steering wheel, you use it to steer the car!”

2. I saw this while I was up in Henderson, NC for my dad’s 60th b-day at the beginning of this month.. I actually hit pause on the DVR to go back to the start and watch it again!!

3. llcooljabe says:

This isn’t half as good as the trunk monkey ads. Trunk monkey rules. (search youtube)

4. llcooljabe says:
  5. Murph1908 says:

“Wiggle-wiggle-wiggle” busted me up.

6. darkclawsofchaos says:

animals and cars make great commercials, be it talking geckos with a very formal british accent and angry trash talking badgers to trunk monkeys

7. Jim says:

As someone who lives in the Raleigh area and sees this on TV every 15 minutes… I really just want to drive over there and run that f–kin badger over with a lawnmower. I don’t have anything against badgers in general. Just this one. That talks.

8. Murph1908 says:

@llcooljabe:
    Thank you.
    Made my day.

9. tinky XIII says:

I can’t believe this is just a local commercial. My baby niece loves these, especially the original “wiggle room”, which they changed to the badger yelling how the guy’s trying to rob him by wanting a lower price. I will admit they can get annoying if they’re played more than once every few hours, but I rarely watch television.

10. warf0x0r says:

Lol, that was greate

@llcooljabe: OMG I totally forgot about trunk monkeys

11. Ausoleil says:

We’ve been enjoying those ads forever. They’re just hilarious. Sorry you don’t care for them Jim, but most everyone in the Raleigh area does. Sound clips even make appearances on the local radio stations, which has to be an advertiser’s wet dream.

For example, in the recent college coaching merry-go-round, there was a really good bit on a local sports yacker about some athletic director having a bit of “wiggle-wiggle-wiggle” room with one of the local coaches.

12. mamacat49 says:

there’s a bunch more at youtube.com
    Search “badger + Johnson automotive”

13. RhymePhile says:

Johnson Automotive Badger > Geico Gecko.

Now I have to share this with everyone I know. Thanks for the laugh!

14. randombob says:

dude, that “wiggle-wiggle-wobble” bit had me laughing so hard my dogs ran for cover.

Yeah, the trunk monkey isn’t pulled off nearly as smooth. The Badger’s funny as hell, though.

15. kc-guy says:

Ironically the ad annoyed me so much I only got halfway through “wiggle wiggle”

Too close to home perhaps