Peter Pan Driver Idles Bus For Thirty Minutes To Punish Passengers Who Complained About Swerving

A Peter Pan bus driver took revenge on passengers who complained about his unsafe driving by refusing to let anyone off the bus while making an unexpected thirty minute stop in Framingham, MA. One angry passenger who noticed the driver’s erratic swerving, Brian Moore, blogged about his experience as a surprise hostage on the trip from New York to Boston.

When we arrived at our only stop along the ride in Framingham, MA at 4:35 PM, about 20 minutes away from Boston, the people who had gotten their tickets to Framingham walked off of the bus. I was surprised and delighted to see that we were about 25 minutes ahead of schedule and that we would arrive in Boston ahead of time- something I was looking forward to after my previous trip. However, after the bus driver stood outside for 5 minutes to smoke a cigarette, he came back inside the bus and made an announcement:

“Usually,” he said, “on Sundays, I leave right after I drop off the passengers. You’d be about thirty minutes early. However, on the way here, I was told on my radio, ‘are you alright?’ I said, ‘yeah I’m fine,’ and they had told me that someone on this bus had called in and said that I was swerving all over the road and falling asleep.'”

I personally noticed this a bit along the way.

“And, since someone said this, and aggravated me, I’m going to aggravate you. We aren’t going to leave until 5 o’clock [25 minutes from then]. And no, you can’t go out and smoke.”

The driver kept us captive on the bus. Some people voiced their opinions, some even apologizing for whomever called the company that he was swerving. One person said, “I don’t know why you’re punishing all of us for something one person said,” and he replied, “one apple spoils all of the rest.” A woman asked if he could continue “because of the baby.” He said, “What baby?” The woman replied, “my baby,” picked up her child and showed it to him. “No way,” he said, and stood there, staring at us.

Peter Pan—which calls themselves “The People Professionals”—has suspended the driver and launched an investigation. The driver claims that he didn’t know he could continue straight to Boston, which is almost as believable as the mysterious letter of support sent to Peter Pan:

[Director Of Safety And Security, Christopher Crean] also received what he described as an atypical handwritten letter from a third passenger, faxed to him with no return address or phone number, praising the driver for acting “respectfully and courteously” despite “agitated” passengers.

To: Peter Pan Customer Service
Subject: Held Captive on a Bus
[Lane Winfield]
No ride, no escape from angry bus driver [Boston Globe] (Thanks to Bobby!)

Comments

1. Bay State Darren says:

The driver was quoted as saying: “C’mon, kids! We’re going to the ice cream factory to see how ice cream is made!…
    SING DAMMIT SING! Row, row, row your boat…”

2. dasunst3r says:

I was actually surprised that nobody got on their phones to call the cops for false imprisonment.

3. Pylon83 says:

@dasunst3r:
    I’m not entirely certain you could make a case for false imprisonment (at least on the civil side). If the bus had an emergency exit in the back, you have to use it (unless it is unreasonable or unsafe). If you simply choose not to use the available exit, you haven’t been falsely imprisoned. I can’t speak to whether or not the criminal equivalent requires that, but I imagine it varies state to state.

4. Bay State Darren says:

@Pylon83: Under Mass law, this probably could be considered kidnapping. It’s at least road rage from some one acting childish with too much power. I would have called Framingham’s finest.

5. Pylon83 says:

@Bay State Darren:
    I still imagine that there is some standard, even in a kidnapping case, that requires you to utilize any reasonable means of escape. If you simply choose not to try to escape, you haven’t really been kidnapped or falsely imprisoned. Again, I can’t speak to the exact law (and I’m too lazy to look it up right now), but logically I would expect such a requirement.

6. dheerajs says:

Come on people – its a $15 bus ride that is usually 4 1/2 hours. 25 minutes is nothing (especially since the bus was ahead of schedule). Just go back to drooling on the passenger next to you and wake up when the driver calls “South Station” – If you are really scared about the driver falling asleep, get off at Framingham and take the next bus in an hour. Calling the cops is a great way to delay the bus for another 2 hours. Imagine if your plane ‘only’ stood on the runway for 25 minutes before departing – you’d be praising the lord. And open the emergency exit – thats a great solution…then what?

7. KivaWolf says:

@dasunst3r: I agree.. Something doesn’t seem right here. I would’ve called the police to take care of this driver. Is it really our fault that he’s been driving in such an unsafe way? Whoever called the main company to report the driver’s unsafe driving was doing the correct thing. Oh and I don’t think it would be false imprisonment but what Darren said, attempted kidnapping.

8. azntg says:

@dasunst3r: I would agree. If I was allowed to disembark and the driver was holding off, I would be pissed off and give the driver a few choice words. But, if he intentionally refused to let people leave, that sounds like false imprisonment/kiddnapping to me, particularly if the driver was brazen enough to say that out loud!

9. num1skeptic says:

this is why i always carry one of those glass vile stink bombs. one drop and everyone would have exited the bus.

10. JustinAche says:

Why didn’t anyone just re-call Peter Pan right then and there? If they are on the phone, and he just happens to get a call from dispatch to move his ass, he damn well better do so

11. LilKoko says:

Sounds like a passenger called about the driver’s unsafe driving. That passenger did the right thing.

Imagine the headlines if the driver had killed someone with his dangerous driving. The driver was clearly out of line from the very beginning.

Those people who apologized to the bus driver should have been thanking the anonymous caller! The driver could have gotten them all injured or killed.

Also, why didn’t a group of people on that bus work together to put that driver in his place. If we want to get off the bus, we’re getting off the bus, darn it! That ain’t no airline and that driver ain’t TSA!

12. Bay State Darren says:

Mass. General law: “Section 26. Whoever, without lawful authority, forcibly or secretly confines or imprisons another person within this commonwealth against his will, or forcibly carries or sends such person out of this commonwealth, or forcibly seizes and confines or inveigles or kidnaps another person, with intent either to cause him to be secretly confined or imprisoned in this commonwealth against his will, or to cause him to be sent out of this commonwealth against his will or in any way held to service against his will”
    [www.mass.gov] I’m too lazy to link.

I’m a Crim. Just. major in Mass. right now and in my amateur opinion, it qualifies, although I tend to be a hanging judge.

If people are interested, I’ll ask my prof who’s both a lawyer and a cop here in the bay state.

13. DojiStar says:

CONGRESS MUST ACT QUICKLY AND ENACT A BUSS PASSENGERS BILL OF RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

My finger smells like poop.

14. forgottenpassword says:

WOW! That busdriver has SOME NERVE! I hope he gets canned for doing something like that! He must not care if he loses his job.

“Oh noes! someone complained! Imma gonna throw a hissyfit & make a bunch of people pay!”

WHat a moron! Nice way to turn one complaint into a SHITLOAD of further complaints!

As for the investigation… easy peasy! Just contact some of the passengers & get their story on what happened.

15. Pylon83 says:

@Bay State Darren:
    I’m not sure you can make out the required force element. I did a little reading of some Mass. law practice guides on Westlaw (I’d link, but it’s a subscription based service), and all the info I can find says either actual or implied force is required to make kidnapping. There was no physical force, nor any implied. Had he said “if you try to leave the bus, I’ll hurt you”, or if he physically restrained them if they tried to get off, it would be another story. However, from the facts as presented, no one even tried to get off the bus, and there was no threat of force.

16. ConsumptionJunkie says:

It’s not just airlines that are ruder and cruder.

17. swalve says:

@forgottenpassword: Ha! I agree with the driver. He got them there on time. He probably had had enough.

18. sleze69 says:

He wouldn’t release people’s bags when they asked to get off. If a taxi driver does the same thing, it is false imprisonment.

19. Bay State Darren says:

@Pylon83: Still worth a 911 call, IMHO. [It's Saturday and you guys are making me feel like I'm in class. Thanks a lot!] I just came in here to post the damn movie quote. Seriously though, dude’s a childish asshole.

20. Pylon83 says:

@sleze69:
    You’re assuming that. The facts, as presented, don’t support that allegation. I agree that a situation in which you are not personally confined, but you are essentially forced to stay because you can’t get your stuff (which they have no reasonable basis for holding) may constitute false imprisonment in most states. However, in this case, there is no basis for that assertion.

21. Pylon83 says:

@Bay State Darren:
    Oh, I wholly agree. I guess I tend to analyze the end result. I imagine a police officer showing up, whether or not an arrest was made, would have probably fixed the situation.

22. DaWezl says:

We had a horrid driver experience with Peter Pan back in the 90’s, driving from NYC to Boston. It was the middle of summer, and the bus was full, but the AC wasn’t working until the bus started moving. We started to leave the city via 684, and hit traffic. An elderly gentleman came up to the front of the bus, and told the driver he really needed a drink of water, b/c the heat had gotten to him. The driver told him that he couldn’t stop. The gentleman asked “There’s no way that I can get a drink?” and the driver replied “Only if it’s an emergency.” So the gentleman said “Yes, it’s an emergency.”

Well the bus driver pulled off the highway, and started snaking through a bunch of back roads, and pulled up to a hospital. The gentleman was shocked. “I only wanted a drink of water.” The bus driver said “You said it was an emergency.” The bus driver then proceeded to kick the gentleman off the bus, in the middle of upper Westchester. This was pre-cell phones, so no one on the bus could do anything for the man. He (and his wife who also got off the bus) were left at the hospital by themselves with their luggage, while the bus continued on.

The driver then proceeded to get lost. At one point he turned down a quarry entrance, and had to back the bus up. A short time later, he took the wrong side of a fork in the road. To get back on the right side, he actually drove across someone’s lawn (with a huge bus, mind you)!!

It took us six hours to get up to Hartford, which is generally a 3 hour trip. The whole time people were begging him to pull over and stop driving. When we got to Hartford, we were given the option of switching buses, which every single person did.

23. Buran says:

I would have pulled out my cell phone, dialled 911, and asked that the police be sent out to do something about the man who was holding me and others hostage. And then pressed charges.

24. coren says:

@Bay State Darren: Or at the very least, attempted kidnapping.

25. maztec says:

Bad, but still not as bad as Greyhound.

26. huadpe says:

Even if it’s not kidnapping, it’s larceny. Presuming you have some stuff locked under the bus, and that if you leave, the jerk driver will not let you have it, he has stolen it. Larceny alone gets a call to the cops.

27. P41 says:

While they’re at it, find out who the doofus in dispatch that calls him up to tell him to watch his driving, and by the way, the person who complained is ON THE BUS RIGHT NOW! (As if people in nearby cars couldn’t possibly have phones)

I had to read this twice until I got straight that the driver didn’t continue on “early” with the passengers that were continuing the journey. If he can explain away the “I’m going to aggravate you” as a misunderstanding, and explain the “you can’t get off the bus” as No I meant and then get back on, because your ticket is used… Then they’ll have a tough time really doing much to him.

Probably the person complained was one of the people who got off the bus at that stop… I’d have explained to the driver sure, you wait here until the published departure time, and not only are you not getting the person who complained, but everyone left on the bus is going to complain and get you jammed.

28. maztec says:

False Imprisonment: What about the argument that he was their ride to their destination. Getting off the bus, via the back door, would have accomplished nothing other than leaving them abandoned, on the street, in an unfamiliar area. He is there custodian. He violated that trust. Even though they could escape, they had nowhere to escape to. Except, possibly, those that could have arranged an alternative ride – which could be unduly burdensome. Thus, exiting the back door really isn’t escaping the imprisonment. Leaving them falsely imprisoned.

As for anyone calling about it. Most people don’t know what false imprisonment is and most, in a situation of high emotions, may be unlikely to think, “Gee, I should call the cops, because I’ve been kidnapped or falsely imprisoned.” On the other hand, you can bet someone would have if he had made them wait over an hour.

29. Neurotic1 says:

I would have tried to walk off the bus to see how he intended to keep everyone on board. I mean come on, a bus full of people against one dude? What would Chuck Norris have done?

30. Pylon83 says:

@maztec:
    I don’ think that would be persuasive. It seems that they were at some sort of civilized rest stop, since people departed the bus at that point. Arranging an alternative ride, while burdensome, does not rise to the level of false imprisonment. If that argument were to hold true, if the bus broke down there and the people had to arrange alternative transportation they could allege false imprisonment as well. I simply don’t see how they could possibly make out a common law false imprisonment claim. Now, if Mass. has statutorily (or even by case law) modified it, that might be another story. But generally, I don’t think it rises to the level required.

31. redragon104 says:

I take this route all the time, and I much prefer taking the china town buses which go almost to almost the same place. Their buses are better, they know better shortcuts through New York city, and they don’t take you Sbarro’s(worst pizza ever), they even give every person little bags next to their seat for trash.

Also once the bus driver from Peter Pan/Grayhound stopped us for 45 minutes because the bus was making too much noise… he drove for an hour before it bothered him enough to stop.

All in all though I don’t really mind the issues that come up with taking either Peter Pan/Grayhound or the Fung-wah(china town), because either way it only cost me $15.

Also some various tips if you ever plan on using Grayhound/Peter Pan:

1. If your ever going to take Peter Pan/Grayhound, and are going to or from New York, order online, as the price is almost twice as much if you buy your ticket on site.

2. When you buy a ticket from them, you are not buying a ticket for a certain time, they fill buses on a first come/first serve basis, regardless of what time your ticket says.

3. If you want to sit with a friend or group on the bus, get their earlier so that you can be first on the bus, people always fill up the empty seats so they can sit by themselves, or ask people if they would move for you,(I’m always willing to move, and most people are nice)

4. The bus drivers can be annoying, but they are usually nice, if you don’t want to deal with it, take the train or fly. Remember, this is the budget way to travel.

32. maztec says:

@Pylon83: Even for people who are in transit to another connection? If they live far enough away it would effectively leave them stranded. Then again, you are right to the extent that they would only be imprisoned to the whole country, which doesn’t quite work. Now, if it was a civilized neighborhood with a lot of gang violence, we’d be fightin’ the hypothetical.. :

33. Pylon83 says:

@maztec:
    I think if they left them stranded in a bad neighborhood, and something happened, it would fall under negligence rather than false imprisonment. I think if we were to manipulate the facts enough we could certainly turn this into a false imprisonment claim, but as presented I simply don’t see it being a winner.

34. Pylon83 says:

@maztec:
    Also, for those who might miss a connection, they could probably sue under breach of contract and recover their reasonable costs to reach the destination.

35. maztec says:

Pylon83: Good point. Always better for going easier solution anyway. Anyway, this isn’t a situation were suing is really appropriate. The recovery is going to be really limited. Now, if people really want to throw a fuss, get the guy canned and a partial or full refund/voucher. Enough persistence can net you that – but then, was it really worth $15 and 30 minutes early?

36. Bay State Darren says:

@maztec: Well, it’s definitely worth this guy losing his job. Using the relative power of a bus drive delibirately to be an asshole is unacceptably far from professional.

He’s actually kinda lucky no one threw a punch. Especially with a busful of Massholes. [Nobody get offended, I use that term self-inclusively.]

37. Pylon83 says:

@maztec:
    I agree. Seeing as there was no real harm, no injury, etc. (just some bruised egos) litigation would be inappropriate. Now, if I were on that bus, I’d certainly be demanding a refund just because the driver was an asshole.

38. cde says:

@Pylon83: He waited the 30 minutes they were Early. If he still arrived on or before the expected arrival time, no breach. Even then, traffic would ensure that the contract would no allow for that type of suit. “We make no assurances of arrival time’

39. Pylon83 says:

@cde:
    The breach would have been if they “Escaped” from the bus and it left them behind. I did not mean to imply that given the current facts there was any sort of breach of contract.

40. EtherealStrife says:

I saw a perfect response to this kind of delay while stuck in Jamaica. A woman smeared the feces-covered butt of her baby all over the counter.
    Everyone move the the back of the bus and have at it, woman-with-child! Those doors will be open in no time.

41. lemur says:

@redragon104: I ride Greyhound on a weekly basis between Charlottesville, VA and Wash, DC. I agree with the advice you gave except for one point. On the C’ville DC route, the walk in fare is exactly the same as the fare quoted on the web site but they charge an extra $4 for ordering on the web site. So the web fare can be more expensive than walk in fares at least for some routes. I ordered online for a while until one of the clerks at the Greyhound in C’ville pointed out that extra charge to me. I’ve never ordered my tickets online again.

(If anyone wants proof of the $4 charge. Go to the web site and go through the ordering process. The $4 charge appears on the screen where they ask for you name, address, etc.)

42. magus_melchior says:

I wonder what it is about certain bus drivers that cause them to treat their bus as their castle, and the passengers as his serfs?

Seriously, what is with their power trips?

43. solipsistnation says:

On another Peter Pan ride from Worcester to Boston in the mid-90’s, the driver stopped along the Mass Pike and wouldn’t go on until somebody turned their headphones down so he couldn’t hear them. That was lots of fun too.

44. Rabbigrrl says:

Isn’t that generally known in legal parlance as “kidnapping?” I believe it’s both a criminal aand civil offence. If I were on that bus, I’d be gleefully preparing to sue PP’s pants off.

45. Mr_Human says:

It’s amazing how quickly and how fully the passengers collapsed into craven cowardliness. People are fucking sheep. A totalitarian regime created instantly in a drop of water.

46. Bay State Darren says:

Man, where are Keanu Reeves & Sandra Bullock when you need them? [This I resort to when nobody likes my references to a cooler movie.)

47. superbureaucrat says:

I don’t know why, but this bus driver reminds me of the bus driver from billy Madison.

48. KJones says:

How did the bus get 25 minutes ahead of schedule? Did he leave early from the departure point and subsequent scheduled stops, causing passengers to miss the bus? Or was he driving dangerously again by speeding, not just weaving?

And why did he cause the bus to be 25 minutes ahead of schedule? So he could end his trip faster and sit around or go home?

This must have been the origin of the phrase “power trip”. (Magus, you missed the chance for the pun.)

49. karmaghost says:

This situation is just completely stupid from all angles. The bus driver keeping everyone on the bus and going on a power trip because somebody complained. The passengers for “apologizing” and claiming he was “kidnapping” them and then not calling the company again.

The bus driver is an ass and the passengers (based on the description here) were stupid. I know this seems harsh, but honestly, there is so much they could have done in this situation and it sounds as if they did nothing. I’d guess that at least 50% of the people on the bus had a cellphone and they could have all called the bus company and complained. There would have been nothing for him to do but give in and take off. At least there’s an investigation going on and hopefully the driver will be fired.

50. spinachdip says:

I think I prefer Fung Wah’s spontaneously combustible buses over this.

51. Ryuuie says:

D: Sounds like someone needs to start thinking happy thoughts.

He doesn’t deserve to work for a company named “Peter Pan” at all!

In all seriousness though, what the hell? That’s just messed up. Seems like he just wanted to do it to abuse his power and he’s probably done this more than once.

52. hollerhither says:

From all reports he was also refusing to give passengers their luggage from under the bus. So it wasn’t just a question of disembarking, he also would not release their property.

53. Trick says:

No worries, the bus driver is now probably a airline steward. He seems to have that type of mentality (and IQ) of your average power-hungry steward…

I’m shocked he didn’t threaten to call the police or TA over someone “questioning his judgment.”

54. Pylon83 says:

@hollerhither:
    I don’t see that at all. How could he “not release their luggage” if he wouldn’t let them off the bus? Unless someone actually got off, made a demand for their luggage, and he refused, it’s entirely irrelevant.

55. Siegeman says:

Just another reason I’m not taking Greyhound/Peterpan between New York and Boston ever again. I’ve been in two accidents, and I’ve yet to see the bus spend less than six hours on the advertised 4 hour 20 minute ride. Hell, several times I’ve had to wait upwards of two hours past my ticketed departure time just to board.

As much as people fear Fung Wah, their buses always make the trip on time. The majority of drivers have a GPS device which they use to avoid traffic, and they rarely, if ever, go over the speed limit. (I like to sit right behind the driver for that extra leg room) If the news reports have you scared, there’s always Lucky Star where you can stop by a buffet on the way, and still make it before the Greyhound.

Then again, I’d much rather take a train if it wasn’t $85-$115, or a plane if it wasn’t $200.

56. lyndyn29 says:

@maztec: Peter Pan *is* the regional subcontractor for Greyhoud – you buy a Greyhound ticket for New York to Boston, they put you on a Peter Pan bus. So, same difference.

However, from Boston to points north, the regional is Vermont Transit, which rocks. The drivers are very competent and genuinely nice and the buses are very well-maintained.

I made the mistake of not knowing this the first time I traveled to New England – I flew out of Hartford, and so had to switch from VT to Peter Pan at Boston on my way back from northern Vermont. Nothing as horrid as this story, but unpleasant enough to keep me always flying into Logan, Manchester, or Burlington thereafter.

57. thalia says:

I’d have just thrown up in the aisle. Then we’ll see how fast I get thrown off that bus.

58. hollerhither says:

@Pylon83:
    What are you talking about? It’s been widely reported that someone tried to get out, asked for their bag, driver refused. Is that clear enough for you?

59. hollerhither says:

To follow up:

“I can’t get your bags.”

[www.masslive.com]

60. theWolf says:

That Peter Pan bus driver needs to grow up.

/rimshot

61. sibertater says:

I hope that no one takes offense to this but, I’ve been on the bus before. Those people are NOT to be fussed with. They don’t have cars or extra cash or patience or hope. Why would you mess with them?

As a general rule where I live people who ride the bus are scary and I would imagine that if you tried to hold them hostage they’d cut you…deep.

I also know that if I were trapped on a bus with scary people or a rude and inconsiderate bus driver, I might be forced to start pepper spraying people. Women and children first.

62. CurbRunner says:

This is one of those situations where I would have seriously threated to beat the shit out of the driver unless he released me then called the cops on my cell phone to let them know I that I’m kicking my way through whatever glass I needed to escape from the kidnapper.

63. caj11 says:

Unacceptable by any of the stretch of the imagination, unless there’s something we’re missing here. Peter Pan can refund their money (all $20 or whatever it is) but that doesn’t compensate them for the way they were treated. At a bare minimum, Peter Pan needs to be heavily fined so they are frightened into training their drivers differently, or just hire better drivers. The passengers should get some kind of compensation, i.e. punitive damages for “pain and suffering” but I won’t get into that as I’m sure it will provoke an assault of new comments about how class action lawyers cause all the problems in this country. Well, chances are the tickets had some kind of arbitration clause on them anyway, so a lawsuit will just result in some heavily biased arbitrator (hired by PP) denying the passengers relief anyway. So, I probably would have simply forced the door open myself (not hard, the lever for it is right up front) and then opened the luggage compartment myself (sometimes I’ve had to do that myself too) and then flipped the driver off. There is a train station in Framingham I believe so it wouldn’t be hard to get to Boston.

64. DeeJayQueue says:

@KJones: It’s pretty easy to make up 25 minutes on a bus trip. My morning commute can vary by as much as 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions. If I get on the road by 7:10 I can get to work by 7:35, because there’s no traffic. If, however, I’m running 10 minutes late, and get moving by 7:20, I won’t get to work till 8:15 or some days even 8:30.

When they plan the bus schedule, they take into account a certain level of traffic on the roads. If that traffic is not there for some reason, you end up ahead of schedule. It’s more common for the traffic to be worse than expected, but it’s not unheard of to be less.

The 2nd (and last) time I took Greyhound/PP, I got there about 10 minutes early. I was concerned that I wouldn’t get a seat, and it was the last bus out of DC. My fears were assuaged though, because there was still a line at the gate even though the bus was idling at the berth. The driver was sitting in the bus eating her dinner while our departure time (not boarding time, departure time) ticked past. 15,25, 35,40 minutes passed and there she sat eating her box ‘o’ noodles, chatting up the porter and watching us all getting more and more frustrated. There was no reason she couldn’t have let us start boarding the bus. I can understand that she’s entitled to a break and she should have time to go eat, but if you want privacy go eat in the lounge or something. We were 40 minutes late before we were even allowed on the bus, which took another 25 minutes, and then she tried to be all sunny and “funky fresh” with her attitude… we were not having it.

After that I started taking the Chinese bus. They don’t speak english, or even engrish, you are lucky if you can figure out which bus goes to DC and which one goes to NYC, and if it’s full it leaves early, no matter what time the schedule says. But, it’s cheap, clean, fast (only makes a half-stop in Baltimore) and you get to feel somewhat like you’ve had an adventure when you get to your destination in one piece. I think that’s pretty cool.

65. MeOhMy says:

I’m not a violent person by nature, but I definitely would have rounded up as many of the people as possible to offer the driver the choice of being beaten within an inch of his life or continuing to the destination. 50 passengers and 1 driver – why was this guy not quickly subdued and dealt with? Do they arm those guys?

66. bluesunburn says:

Best way to get from Boston to NYC and back is probably limoliner (www.limoliner.com) My wife and I used it last Labor Day weekend. Admittedly, it *does* cost more, but the amenities you get are definitely worth it.
    On-bus wifi, food and drink service (the bus has a porter!) XM and CNN. Probably the best bus trip I’ve ever had.

(Note- I do not work for Limoliner, I’m just a fan.)

I spent plenty of time doing the greyhound/Peter Pan thing in college. Most of the time, the biggest problem was other passengers, not the driver.

67. cerbie says:

Sad. At the least, it’s larceny, isn’t it? The bus driver, as a representative of the company, has implicitly or explicitly promised to hold your stuff until you depart, and then release it to you, in the same condition, when you depart.

68. caj11 says:

If anyone cares, the driver’s name is Neil Bryant, according to a New York Post article.

Name and picture are here:

[www.nypost.com]