Contact Vonage Executive Customer Service

Vonage has a handy web form which forwards all issues to their Executive Response Team. A reader says he submitted his issue and he got a callback and resolution within 3 hours. “A 3 hour turn around isn’t bad at all,” he writes, “considering I’d already wasted 2-3 hours on the regular phone support over the past 3 days.”

Contact the Board [Vonage]

Comments

1. amejr999 says:

You can also call them at 1-888-580-4020.

2. edrebber says:

The sewer rats at vonage charged my credit card a $39.95 cancellation fee. I disputed the charge with my credit card company and got my money back.

3. jaya9581 says:

Vonage is the scum of the earth.

I have been trying to get on their do not contact list for nearly 2 years.

We had them for about 9 months but our service slowly degraded over time and nothing they suggested fixed it. Although we were able to use the phones just fine in the beginning with high bandwidth, over the course of 9 months it got to the point where even with the lowest bandwidth calls were going in and out – I couldn’t even call their tech support at the end because the phone couldn’t stay connected long enough to dial 0 It would register 2 numbers, then skip two, then register two, etc.

I cancelled and ported my number to Time Warner (yuck, I know), our cable company. About a year later we started getting telephone calls from 6 AM to 11 PM from all over the country by people who insisted I called them and said my name and number came up on their caller ID. It persisted even after we made our phone number private. We thought we were the victims of caller ID spoofing, and put a message on our voicemail imploring anyone who was getting these calls to help us find the culprit.

Eventually we got an answer – a large merchant card services company who had a local office was our culprit! I called and spoke with the office manager – come to find out, their Line 6 – the line their sales people call out on – was OUR PHONE NUMBER. Although it had been properly ported, Vonage reassigned it after 6 months to another customer! How there could be 2 people in the same town with the same number is something I don’t know – they could make outgoing calls just fine and so could we, but whenever anyone called our number it went to my house and not their office. He contacted Vonage and they were supposedly in the process of changing the number – I had to call myself three days later and threaten legal action to get them to finally change his number.

Since then I’ve requested 5 times to be on their do not contact list (different from do not call, this ensures no mailings as well (supposedly…)). My most recent angry call was yesterday, when I got a stupid “Come back to Vonage, Satisfaction Guaranteed!!!” mail. We’ll see what happens – if it doesn’t work, I’ll be trying this!

4. iamme99 says:

@AMEJR999-“You can also call them at 1-888-580-4020″

Yeah. And get someone in the Philippines or India or Chile who speaks and understands English poorly.

5. SpenceMan01 says:

I signed up for Vonage at Best Buy on January 31st. As I’m reading the fine print of the contract, I find that all registrations up through 1/31 are for a one-year contract, while registrations starting 2/1 are for a two-year contract. Just my luck: In my Vonage account it lists February 1st as my registration date. Luckily I’m saving all of my paperwork marked 1/31 in case I need to build an argument.

6. amejr999 says:

No, that number is for executive response.

7. Trauma_Hound says:

I got someone from india, I currently can’t receive any calls. A lot of good this fucking did me. The idiot that returned my call doesn’t have a clue, he had me try something that didn’t work, which if it did it’s a fucking bug. I’m shopping for new service. I’m over vonage.

8. iamme99 says:

I just canceled my Vonage service as I don’t need it any longer. First, the “account manager” Esean #15194 tried to sell me on some other plan. I kept declining. Please contact us at the number below during business hours in order to cancel your Vonage service. To cancel your account and provide you with all of the important cancellation information, we need to verbally verify the owner of the account.

Our Account Management Department is available to assist you Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST at 1-VONAGE-HELP (1-866-243-4357).

1/15/2008 – 3:35PM Call to cancel
    3:38PM – Esean 15194
    First he tries to sell me on keeping the number. Offers all sorts of plans. I continually decline interest.

Finally, he says OK, will do the cancel. BUT then quotes that I signed up for a 2 year plan. I said no I didn’t. I chose month by month. He says will be a $39.95 cancel fee and that yes, I DID sign up for a long-term agreement, it was part of the service agreement. I dispute this. So I ask for proof of what I agreed to. He says I have to go to the website to read it. I tell him that is no good since I have no guarantee that what I might have signed up for one year ago is the same thing that is on the website now.

We battle back and forth for nearly 10 minutes. I ask for a supervisor. HE says HE is the highest authority in this department. Says he is THE ACCOUNT MANAGER and there is no further escalation. Tells me I can contact the billing department if I want to speak to someone else.

Then he tells me that my service is now canceled, even though I had asked that it be canceled at the end of the billing period, which is this Sunday (1/20).

This was not a pleasant experience. Where do companies find people to give such poor service? Is there a pool of people who like to argue with customers that they can draw from? After this call, I would find it difficult to choose Vonage again.

9. Anonymous says:

I switched to “majicJack”; and I am totally dissatisfied with the voice quality of incoming calls along with several issues. I am switching back to Vonage; and I would like to do a commercial endorsement for Vonage vs. magicJack. Please contact me.