Sale! Save $0.00!

You can get a great deal on this GE cordless handset and answering machine system. Regularly $79.99, now, yours, for the low low price of $79.99! This deal is too good stick around. Run, don’t walk. Don’t run, sprint. Crash your car through the store windows and have a passenger riding shotgun to grab this deal as you careen by, this will simultaneously distract and outpace other shoppers you may be competing with. Supplies are limited. Act now. Buy today.(Thanks to Chris!)

Comments

1. Omi says:

This seems like the kind of thing that some awful manager would order done. It’s busy work for the lazy employees he hates and at the same time make customers who aren’t too vigilant (unlike the one who thought to take this photo) think that they’re getting a deal on one of the slightly more expensive items in the store.

2. MBZ321 says:

hmm looks like a SEARS price sign…no surprise

3. badgeman46 says:

Satisfaction or no money back!

4. mammalpants says:

no, you guys…youve got this one wrong.

it WAS $79.99 with a slash through it. the new $79.99 is slash-free!

5. 7j6cei says:

Again, do I need to make my list my reasons why SEARS is not going to be around for much longer????

Nope, thought so.. ha ha ha

6. BigNutty says:

Where do they find the employee’s that are in charge of these signs? But then maybe they just follow whatever is on their sheet of paper that is sent to the stores and don’t read what they put up.

7. goodkitty says:

Save more with your Sears Card and 12 months deferred interest financing!

8. kalmakazee says:

Your all wrong. Regular price is $79.99. Sale price is 7999. take a close lQQK at the picture. I think I would rather buy this item at regular price than the sale price, haha. :-D

9. kalmakazee says:

Your all wrong. Regular price is $79.99. Sale price is 7999 – take a close lQQK at the picture. I think I would rather buy this item at regular price than the sale price, haha. :-D

10. kalmakazee says:

Your all wrong. Regular price is $79.99 Sale price is 7999 – take a close lQQK at the picture. I think I would rather buy this item at regular price than the sale price, haha. :-D

11. kalmakazee says:

I think Consumerist’s website has OCD. It just posted my comment 3 times.

12. sled_dog says:

The more you buy, the more you save!

13. Raziya says:

@BigNutty: Eh, I do the signage for sales at where I work, but I read them, honest! I noticed one mistake that said the customer would be saving -2 cents on their Ritz. :)

If Sears is anything like where I work, the signs are sent by corporate. Usually, they are fine. Sometimes…not so much. :P

14. timmus says:

What is a company that mostly makes nuclear power plant components, jet engines, and other industrial equipment doing dabbling in things like cordless phones and toasters? I’ve never quite figured that out about GE.

15. spinachdip says:

@timmus: Tell it to the Head of East Coast Television Programming and Microwaves: [l.yimg.com]

Don’t forget, they also have financial services and asset management subsidiaries. I’m not sure what to tell you – they are a conglomerate.

16. tadowguy says:

I know these are obviously computer errors, but don’t employees actually have to hang these signs? Presumable even if illiterate they could recognize the digits.

17. jld says:

Those signs are probably printed at the corporate distribution center and then packaged with the goods. The employee (making $6/hr) needs a price tag of some sort, so what else are they going to use? Seems dumb making a fuss to correct what’s obviously just a lame computer mistake.

18. lukobe says:

@timmus: IIRC, GE toasters and other small appliances are made by Thomson, who licenses the GE name (as well as RCA). It’s like White-Westinghouse–definitely not made by the same guys who make nuclear plants!

19. SactoKev says:

Consumerist:
    Enough with the price tag f-ups. Geez.