Department store Santas sent out by a staffing agency in Australia have been instructed to say “Ha ha ha” instead of “Ho ho ho” because “Ho” is demeaning to women. A 70-year-old Santa claims he was fired for sticking with the traditional “whore” Christmas verbiage; the department store says it was because of the man’s attitude. [Reuters]
By cwalters December 7, 2007
More From Consumerist
- North Pole Rejects Proposed Ban On Marijuana Sales
- Shoppers At Simon Malls Do Not Want Santa Claus Living In Some Sleek, Modern Version Of The North Pole
- Kohl’s Stores Will Stay Open For 100 Hours Straight Leading Up To Christmas
- For The First Time, Santa Is Coming To Walmart
- Should Malls Charge Kids For The Privilege Of Visiting Santa Claus?