POLL RESULTS: Verizon FiOS Is Better Than Comcast!

We asked the readers to solve one of the great mysteries of life: Which is better Verizon FiOS or Comcast?

Verizon FiOS annihilated with 73.9% of the vote. Congratulations, Verizon! You are truly the lesser of two evils.

Hang in there Comcast! Better luck next time.

Comments

1. homerjay says:

You really needed a poll to tell you that?

2. Munsoned says:

3. startertan says:

I currently have Comcast but I just found out that they offer FIOS to my house now. I was tempted to switch so I called Comcast and got them to give me 3 premium channels and lower my monthly by $25/month for a whole year. I think I’ll stick with Comcast a little longer.

4. consumer_999 says:

“I think the most basic fact that comes out of this poll is: If the choice is between Comcast and Verizion, we all come out losers.”

Quoted for truth. Verizon sucks. Comcast sucks worse.

5. clocker says:

How many respondents have actually had both?
    I’m sure that Comcast will be “taking this very seriously” and Verizon “is very excited”.

6. Vulpine says:

Um… well? I couldn’t vote for Comcast at the time… seems they were having problems in my area.

7. stinerman says:

Seeing that FIOS is way faster than anything Comcast has and that Verizon doesn’t screw with your packets when you utilize your connection, I’d have to say it’s an easy choice.

Hell, I’ve even considered moving in order to get FIOS.

8. gnubian says:

How about a poll for the rest of us that don’t have a choice like that … My options are Qwest DSL (max speed 1mbit) or the Comcast (pricey @ $70/mo) 8mbit service + limited basic cable service. Can you guess the outcome on that for who can provide me a better service?

BTW, I would if I could have Verizon fios .. but I can’t, so I don’t.

9. hazelwoodfarm says:

I wish I had a choice. I live out in the country and can’t get Verizon DSL, much less Fios. I have Comcast and it sure beats the dial-up I had used for the previous 10 years. I have been very fortunate with customer service. I hate Comcast and tell their customer service every time I speak with them that same thing. I try and compliment the customer service person when they actually help me. The funny thing is, the customer service reps almost always reply “I know, all our customers hate our company.”

10. Hmm… Here’s a better poll: How many people here have Comcast as your only option for High-Speed Internet Access?

11. QueenHawkeye says:

Have fun having your house burnt down by FiOS.

12. ironchef says:

I had both Comcast and FIOS.
    Sorry but FIOS wins.

Lesser of two evils.

13. Munsoned says:

Screwing with packets, or providing all of your packet data to the NSA? Seems like a great choice to me!

14. swalve says:

@clocker: Exactly.

15. vastrightwing says:

I had both of them. I removed Comcast and haven’t looked back. 3 years now, I’ve been happy with FIOS. The 1 year I had Comcast, it went down nearly every month and cost me more money.

16. catnapped says:

@Papa Midnight: (Raises hand)…I be stuck with the dialup for the foreseeable (not not so foreseeable) future…

17. trueworld says:

Comcast is trying to monopolize the internet
    savetheinternet.com

18. Lcstyle says:

Sorry, but i dont buy it.

I’ve been circling Verizon Fios like a shark smelling blood in the water for some time.

I never had a problem with comcast. I dont get that many channels. But my bill for cable and internet is 85 Flat a month. Why should i switch to one of these new age cook the book rape everyone in a big fraudulent way like madoff and the rest of them?

After all, i hate the untrustfull way verizon approaches consumers with their plans and their gray area marketing talk. UP TO 20/5 internet, and free dvr’s and set top boxes and voip phone for 1 year. After that it probably goes up to like 200 dollars a month in a recession economy. what are these people smoking? must be some good stuff.

I don’t want to pay 100 dollars a month for cable and internet thank you.

They give you these bundles but then they add set top boxes for HD and all this other CRUD. Look verizon, dont beat around the bush with clever websites and pricing schemes. Just give us a package price for your service and we’ll (I’ll) switch. You have to match what my current provider comcast is giving me, which is regular hd service for 85 a month. When you can do that without all sorts of website deal / package / trickery then i’ll switch. Stop sending me letters, you suck and i see right through your thinly veiled marketing schemes.

I DONT TRUST YOU VERIZON, im sticking with comcast. The Grass is always greener on the other side, but you can always choose to stay on your side and water your lawn.

thanks but no thanks.

• Anonymous says:

@Lcstyle: I agree fully with you regarding FIOS.
      I had the misfortune of getting FIOS two months ago, and the internet “service” has been pure hell since then.
      FIOS gives you a crappy router that supposedly provides wi-fi service, but it hasn’t worked at least 70% of the time.
      Right now, I’m typing on a computer that is plugged into the router, not using wifi because that’s in another one of its moods where it will not work.
      FIOS support has been terrible. They blame my antivirus programs, the computers themselves (although it’s hard to believe that two very different laptop computers just happen to have the same problem with wifi, and ONLY with FIOS, since I’ve connected without a problem to my father’s Comcast wireless without a problem multiple times. In addition, the FIOS nonsupport even had the nerve to say, “we don’t support WiFi”.
      My advice, stay as far away from FIOS as you possibly can. I can’t wait until my one year contract is done, less than 10 months left, and then I’m going to tell Verizon to go FIOS themselves.