The First Lead Related Holiday Ornament Recall Of The Season Is Here!

The first retailer to be mentioned in a holiday ornament recall this year is JC Penney! The ornament in question was sold at “various retailers nationwide, including JC Penney catalog and Web site, from July 2006 through October 2007 for between $15 and $18.”

Good to know that they’re really on top of the problem.

Both the 2006 and the 2007 version of the ornament “contain high levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standards.”

Contact Reeves International Inc. at (800) 444-4775 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit their Web site at http://www.breyerhorses.com to receive instructions for returning the ornaments.

Reeves International Inc. Recalls Holiday Ornaments Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard [CPSC]

Comments

1. Finder says:

Holy jebus, people need to get a grip. A lead ornament on a tree is not going to poison anyone.

2. Parting says:

Unless you put it in your mouth, what harm could it do?

3. marsneedsrabbits says:

Can lead hurt you just hanging on the tree? Does it stalk you as you sleep or something?
    This sounds sort of silly.

4. catskyfire says:

But ornaments make the perfect dessert!

5. EtherealStrife says:

@marsneedsrabbits: But dude, think of the trees!

6. Parting says:

@EtherealStrife: It’s dead already, or at least dying. You won’t care if your coffin is made of lead =P

7. presheslyf says:

I bought myself a miniature Silver christmas tree after the holiday was over. There was a string of lights wrapped around this tree. A few tags were hanging by the end of these lights where the plug was. It said… Made in China… The lights plug has a lead base coating on it so after handling.. please wash your hands. Just about everything we buy is made in China. I’m just wondering how many things I have that contain lead in them. Lead is used to enhance the color of paints. I threw away all my dishes and cups that were made in China. A few months back.. I had this mysterious illness that the doctor couldn’t even figure out. I suddenly had severe chills with nausesness and vomiting for a few hours. I wouldn’t be suprised if it had to do with lead that I might of injested.. so yeah.. I wouldn’t take this so lightly if I were you. My son’s friends youngest sister was retarded at the age of 8. They lived in an older home that was built before the 70′s and before lead paint was banned. She was crawling on the floor and ate a few chips of this paint. She was tested of lead poisoning and it came out positive obviously. Walmart sold this tree I bought. Walgreens supposedly has a lead test kit you can buy to check items that you have around the house if your curious. Just trying to be helpful.