Scott is pissed because he had his hopes geared up for a $99 Navigon 2100 portable GPS unit from Staples. All the advertising said the sale started at 6am. After dutifully waiting until 6am, he ordered the item Then he found out that some people had been calling in to the 1800 Staples # since 4 that morning, placing orders, and it was now out of stock. No GPS for Scott, who is now mad. If you advertise the heck out of a 6am starting time, you better make sure everyone abides by it. At least, unlike other shoppers across the nation, Scott was able to miss out on the doorbuster deal from the comfort, convenience, and warmth of his own home.
Patient Shoppers Screwed When Staples Opens Early For Some
By consumerist.com November 23, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Vessyl Backers Still Waiting For Smart Cups Slated For Early 2015 Debut — So What’s The Holdup?
- Staples Finally Proposes To Office Depot With $6.3 Billion Merger Deal
- Printer Ink Sale At Staples Excludes Ink For Most Printers
- Staples Kicks Off Brown Thursday Announcements: Will Close On Thanksgiving
- How StubHub’s Policies Let Greedy Ticket Sellers Screw Fans Over