Scott is pissed because he had his hopes geared up for a $99 Navigon 2100 portable GPS unit from Staples. All the advertising said the sale started at 6am. After dutifully waiting until 6am, he ordered the item Then he found out that some people had been calling in to the 1800 Staples # since 4 that morning, placing orders, and it was now out of stock. No GPS for Scott, who is now mad. If you advertise the heck out of a 6am starting time, you better make sure everyone abides by it. At least, unlike other shoppers across the nation, Scott was able to miss out on the doorbuster deal from the comfort, convenience, and warmth of his own home.
Patient Shoppers Screwed When Staples Opens Early For Some
By consumerist.com November 23, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Another Layaway Angel Swoops In, Pays $50K Worth Of Bills At Pennsylvania Walmart
- Printer Ink Sale At Staples Excludes Ink For Most Printers
- Is In-Store Pickup Any Faster Than Just Shopping At The Store?
- Staples Finally Proposes To Office Depot With $6.3 Billion Merger Deal
- Report: Payment Information Breaches At Staples And Michaels May Be Linked