PC Mag’s top 10 Black Friday sites. One of them, TigerDirect, is renaming it “Pink Friday” and will be donating $100,000 to a foundation dedicated to curing breast cancer. [PCMag] (Thanks, Corinne!)

Comments

1. chipslave says:

THe $100,000 that they are donating is from the coutless rebate checkes that never got issued to legitimate purchases…

2. Imaginary_Friend says:

Seriously, Chipslave. I can’t believe TigerDirect is still in business – they’re the scummiest of scum.

3. BrianH says:

I wouldn’t wipe my butt with Tiger Direct. Scum. Scum. Dirtbags.

Other than that, they’re great.

4. Finder says:

I’ve never heard anything bad about Tiger Direct. Can anyone elaborate? That said, I don’t use them and, instead, have always used newegg.com for my online electronics store. Newegg has been nothing short of exemplary in my experience.

5. chipslave says:

@Finder:

Here is a link to some of the reasons why Tiger Direct is crap!

I also use Newegg exclusively and have yet to be disappointed.

[www.consumeraffairs.com]

6. savvy999 says:

I had my elderly parents buy a sweet 19″ LCD from Tiger that was ridiculously cheap after rebate, whole thing went smooth as silk. Delivered in great condition, works like a champ, rebate came back in like 3 weeks. YMMV.

7. Finder says:

@chipslave: Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be sticking with newegg.

8. uricmu says:

Never used TigerDirect because of the rumors about them, and besides, NewEgg (though pricey) has provided consistently good service.

9. lax2prg says:

NewEgg is a nightmare as well…I bought a network hard drive, had it brought to me in the Czech Republic, where it was turned on and failed. I contacted NewEgg customer support and they informed me that the warranty was invalidated because the drive was used abroad. Then they said that the warranty on anything they sell is invalditated if it is used abroad, for example an iPod taken on holiday to France. I asked them to show me this on their website, which they of course could not do. Thank god for chargebacks…now I have a doorstop drive, but at least I wasn’t charged for it!

I will absolutely never use them again. Stick with buy.com…rebates come like clockwork and never a problem (fingers crossed).

10. BugMeNot2 says:

Buy.com doesn’t have the greatest reputation either. I pretty much use newegg and zipzoomfly.com exclusively. Never had any problems with either.