American Airlines Passenger Arrested Covered In Salad Dressing, Missing A Shoe

An American Airlines passenger was found sitting on a jet bridge at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, covered in salad dressing and missing a shoe, according to the Star-Telegram.

The man was unable to stand by himself and slurred when he asked police why he wasn’t allowed to board his American Eagle flight. He was unaware that his shoe was missing.

Upon further questioning, the article tell us, “police indicated the man told them he had been drinking vodka in an airport restaurant. He was held on suspicion of public intoxication.”

The salad dressing that covered the man, and the walls of the jet bridge, was from an open box of food that was sitting on his lap.

Confused man with one shoe found covered in dressing at D/FW [Star-Telegram]
(Photo:Drewski2112)

Comments

1. Voyou_Charmant says:

Another terrorist plot personally foiled by George W Bush.

2. RBecho says:

Sounds like he had a good time though.

3. DeeJayQueue says:

was he beyond the TSA checkpoint? I wonder if that qualifies as “public” space anymore since you can’t get there without having a ticket and being screened.

I mean, yeah, duh, don’t get hammered and smear salad dressing all over, but if I were his lawyer, that’s what I’d go for.

4. hi says:

Tazer Salad.

5. Blackcloud75 says:

Was he the pilot?

6. Buran says:

Oh come on. How is it dangerous to anyone else to be covered with salad dressing and missing a shoe? Unless you think someone will be laughing so hard at you that they drive their golf cart into a wall.

7. At least they hope that was salad dressing.

8. emona says:

Welcome to Dallas! Here’s what you can expect to encounter in our fine city…

9. howie_in_az says:

@Buran: Perhaps someone else is quite hungry…

10. swunder says:

Ha! My friend is a flight attendant for American and DFW is her base. I wonder if he was on her flight?

11. jrembold says:

that’s one heck of a trip.

12. chaintothread says:

@Spaceman Bill Leah: Maybe he ran into Senator Craig in the bathroom…

13. Gingerbelle says:

I love waking up in the morning, still drunk, and “filling in the blanks” from the night before. Usually food spilled on my clothing is a good indicator of where I ended my night.

I wonder if I ever ended my night in an airport….

14. 3ZKL says:

“People, the airport is not a bar. We know you’re bored and the water costs as much as the booze, but don’t lose your head. Or your shoe. Or paint with your food.”

we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. . .

given the extra time one most allow when traveling, plus the inevitable delays, getting drunk @ an airport is pretty much the only way i can tolerate flying anymore.

15. synergy says:

I’m so glad I almost never fly. I’d probably end up like this guy because having to wait on the TSA or stupid people would drive me to drink.

16. Egakino says:

Shoes coming off always makes it a better story. I could say “Hey. i got knocked over by some dude walking to work” and thats kinda a boring story but if i say that when I fell over i flew out of my shoes, BAM instant good story. Try it some day.

Also this guy has the best party story ever now. How the hell can you beat getting drunk at and airport and getting covered in dressing let alone losing your shoe.

17. Buran says:

@howie_in_az: I’ll pass. Unless it was ranch.

18. UpsetPanda says:

Maybe he kicked his shoe off in a fit of joy.

19. lucabrazi says:

How much salid dressing comes in one of those packaged meals? “Covered” really? I would imagine that covering someone in dressing would take at least a bottle or more depending on viscosity and other factors. “Chunky blu cheese, yum.” “er… that’s not blu cheese, it’s vinegarette”

20. Hawkins says:

Mr Lucabrazi:

I thought the same thing. Particularly when you consider that there has to be some for the walls, too.

On the other hand, painting the walls with food seems like a really good Dadaist way to protest airport idiocy.

21. Hawkins says:

Mr Lucabrazi:

One more thng: “Lucabrazi” sounds sort of like “Lube A Crazy.” Which is strangely appropriate to this discussion.

22. valthun says:

Just to make the comment a drunk passenger on a plane is a saftey issue. There is a reason for being denied boarding when you are too drunk. A drunk person is likely to follow directions in case of emergency. A drunk person can also cause the rest of the sober 100+ passengers from having a decent flight.

Having a drink or two while waiting for the plane, or on the plane is one thing. To drink yourself into a drunken stupor before boarding is something altogether different. If you are so bored waiting read a book.

23. UpsetPanda says:

@valthun: Exactly. Drunk passengers are a danger to everyone else, as well as themselves. Also, drunk people have less response when it comes to emergency situations and judgment.

Also, drunk people are annoying when you can’t find any way to possibly escape them.

24. Voyou_Charmant says:

@CaffeinatedSquint:

I dont think the guy wearing his food and not his shoe should be allowed to fly, but my guess is he will be just as useful as the guy who’s never had a drink in his life, in the event of a water landing.

25. Parting says:

Aaah, first class… I’ve seen a drunk passenger crawling out of international arrival area :) I guess he got drunk during a flight.

26. ginnylavender says:

Ambien

27. vladthepaler says:

I just want to thank Consumerist.com for its thorough interrogation of the article.

28. dohtem says:

God bless America!!!

29. watchout5 says:

“He was held on suspicion of public intoxication”

This situation seems to be past suspicious, why not just say he was held on public intoxication? Cops are so quick to taze people to death but they’re afraid of calling a drunk guy too drunk to be in public?

30. vkeiko says:

im sure the TSA people at the gate confiscated his shoe while checking for bombs.

anyway, drunk in public doesn’t require the person to be in public. i know many of my classmates who have gotten them in places like dorm halls, which are essentially private residences.

31. CyGuy says:

“We know you’re bored and the water costs as much as the booze,”

It’s called a drinking fountain, people. If you insist on drinking out of a bottle (or you want to bring some on the plane) bring your own EMPTY bottle to the airport and fill it at a drinking fountain.

@thisaintsweettea: “So, you’re saying a drunk guy cant save a plane from slamming into the earth from 30,000 feet at 600mph?”

No, they’re saying that someone that drunk may end up blocking an emergency exit, or improperly use an escape slide injuring another passenger in the process. And that is not even mentioning that even without an emergency there is the risk they will puke all over one of the few bathrooms putting it of commission for the rest of the flight. Or puke over the passenger next to them.

32. MYarms says:

…But what kind of salad dressing was it? The people want to know.