Halloween "Ugly Teeth" Recalled For Lead Contamination

We already mentioned this in our lead recall update, but we feel it bears repeating because its so effed-up. Some “ugly teeth” (as in those things your child is supposed to put in his or her mouth to make their teeth look scary for Halloween), have been recalled because they are full of lead.

[CPSC]

Comments

1. rbb says:

Geez Meg, make us read the article to find the answer to the obvious question – yes, they are from China…

2. Cogito Ergo Bibo says:

Wouldn’t it be easier to start a list of safe products from China? Gotta be shorter than the “contains lead and other things you’re better off not knowing about” list.

3. parad0x360 says:

Its just not safe to do much of anything anymore. Hidden gene therapy in flu shots and now lead in fake teeth!

Im moving to Alaska.

4. stevemis says:

Nice one, CPSC… Announce it on Halloween as thousands of kids are getting ready to use the product.

5. Starfury says:

We were at Target and they had a bunch of novelty candy for Halloween out. I looked at a few packages…all made in China. Told my wife she’s not allowed to buy any food made there and she agreed.

6. liquisoft says:

I just have to wonder: does China have a surplus of lead? They seem to be trying to get rid of it.

7. BigNutty says:

Look at that package? Who would pick those things called “Party Favors” for Halloween?

You need Vampire Teeth, not what ever those things are.

Lead, Lead, Lead, Lead, Lead. Maybe it’s terrorists attacking the kids so they will grow up stupid so the terrorists can take over America.

8. INconsumer says:

hey i have some of those! oh wait, ….that may explain a few things. lol.

9. MYarms says:

Its funny how so many things have been recalled because of lead poisoning and yet we’re still doing business with China. I guess the wealthy business execs will step on the backs of as many poisoned children as possible to get a hold of that mighty dollar.

10. Trackback says:

Key Food on Fifth Avenue in Park Slope via threecee/Curbed Flickr Pool Local · Local nail salon worker wins lawsuit [City Room] · A Paper Mag editor braves the super-secret Manolo Blahnik sample sale [Word Up!]

11. miran says:

The correct term for these items is “bubba teeth”
    Trust me.

12. ThePopOversAreDone says:

I think these are very very awesome and
    very cool.

I love them!

13. timmus says:

Oh no, oh no… food from China is now in Target? This is a bad, bad trend. I’m not being sarcastic either.

14. mopar_man says:

@Cogito Ergo Bibo:

I would think so.

How much of the Halloween junk do you think ISN’T made in China? I bet not very much.