Comcast’s profit fell 54% and Standard & Poor’s downgraded the stock to sell. So sad, it brings a crocodile tear to our eyes. [Post-Gazette]

Comments

1. timmus says:
  2. Trai_Dep says:

Being a crappy company is expensive. Seriously. Serve your customers well, with no shenanigans, and they become low maintenance revenue streams quietly floating their dollars your way.

I guess Comcast wants to be rebels.

3. homerjay says:

Well, the only way to fix this is to hike rates. Or the easiest….

4. longcrosse says:

After listening to months of whining out of Comcast about the Big Ten Network, and having to endure their hypocritical puttingfansfirst.com campaign, their falling profits make me giggle with glee. Ah, glorious Schadenfreude.

5. swalve says:

Sounds like it’s time to buy me some Comcast stock, now that the sheep are selling it off…

6. marsneedsrabbits says:

I guess the stock analysis guys read the same story about the little old lady with the bad attitude, a mean hammer swing, and a hate-on for Comcast the rest of us did.
    If I were Comcast’s CEO, I would raise prices immediately. Through the roof. Maybe lay off a few customer service reps, fire a bunch of the upper level tech support guys, cut phone support hours. Then, spend most of the savings on myself, and the rest on expensive high gloss flyers to former customers touting my products*.
    I wouldn’t do that if I were serious about staying in business, but who said anything about that?

* Those flyers are a scream. They seem to come at least weekly, sometimes more often. Between them and the bus benches, everything’s coming up Comcast in my neck of the woods. Except stock prices and customer satisfaction, I guess.

7. JustAGuy2 says:

Interestingly, the major problem Comcast’s having from Wall Street’s point of view is that they’re spending TOO MUCH on their customers, particularly on DVRs. Those boxes cost $400, and the customer pays $10/month for them.

8. hapless says:

@JustAGuy2:

Satellite is eating their lunch, because they offer cheap DVRs, too.

9. axiomatic says:

Ahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! (sucks in a little more air) Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

10. morganlh85 says:

Does that mean the rates will go up AGAIN?