Great Moments In Commercial History: Linda Soundtrak

We’d never before considered what it was like to grow up in Oklahoma in the mid-1980s, but after seeing these “Linda Soundtrak” commercials we are now of the opinion that it would have required heavy use of the mute button.

Shhh, Linda. Shhhhh.

If you’d like to nominate a commercial for our weekly series “Great Moments In Commercial History” send us an email at tips [at] consumerist [dot] com. Be sure to put “Great Moments In Commercial History” in the subject. To see other commercials that have been featured in the series, click here.

(Thanks, mick!)

Comments

1. homerjay says:

This is the first GMCH that I’ve found truely annoying and not the least bit funny. I found myself wanting to choke Linda.

That doesn’t mean it doesn’t belong here. It just means she’s a total freak.

2. faust1200 says:

Yeah since commercial is the suxxors I won’t let you peeps go away empty handed. Check out This is from local Detroit TV.

I submitted this to Meg awhile back but it never got posted. Tsk tsk.

3. homerjay says:

@faust1200: There we go. Now THATS a GMCH.

4. Major-General says:

Two things: 1) its no worse than Crazy Gideon’s in LA currently, 2) Most of the Linda Soundtrack commercials were better than these three.

5. crashman2600 says:

I liked the old outdated electronics. $1200 for a camrcorder in 1986 prices, wow!

6. doormat says:

Hey my dad bought one of those huge shoulder mounted camcorders back in 1985 or so. They were really expensive and he had to get the extra battery and they recorded to full-size VHS tapes.

Nowadays you could record to a 2.5″ HDD tons of video – even HD quality material.

7. Hirayuki says:

“Keep your cents! Keep your dollars! Have a camcorderrrrr!” LOL

8. mantari says:

REQUEST: Those awful 1-800-2 Sell Homes commercials. Wow. The acting is HIDEOUS. And their EVERYWHERE.

9. BadBadKitty says:

oh my , i had almost got the memory of her screeching out of my head :(

Thet even had a promotion where she was voted OFF the air , i dont remember the exact details though … im much too young for that :)

10. workingonyourinvoice says:

Did they call that VCR HD?? wow.

11. Shhh, Linda. Shhhhh.

She certainly didn’t sound sick. She sounded like one of the really bad American Idol auditions.

12. JPropaganda says:

@crashman2600: Not just a camcorder. A MINI camcorder!

13. aduzik says:

@WorkingOnYourInvoice: I believe they called it HQ – as in High Quality. Very 1980′s.