Veringular: We're Dropping Your Calls On Purpose And There Isn't **** You Can Do About It

In this clip from the stop-animation cartoon Robot Chicken, a psycho has a pile of babies hostage and will only let them go if someone tells him they love him. Unfortunately for the babies, the madman is negotiating with the police via cellphone and the critical words he’s looking for drop out in the middle of his conversation. More innocent lives lost by the callous “Veringular” cellphone network.

[Adult Swim]

Comments

1. mattbrown says:

hah

2. Funny ’cause it’s true

3. parad0x360 says:

Nice, my cell died this past week on Friday, Saturday I went to verizon to discover the warranty is 9 days expired…fast forward many hours later and some fighting I have a refurb k1m which…is now falling apart. NICE! At least it doesnt drop calls.

4. Mr.Purple says:

It would suck if verizon and ATT/Cingular were to join forces to create a super evil macho carrier…

5. JiminyChristmas says:

True story:

Several months ago an acquaintance of mine was tried on federal drug distribution charges. He was acquitted on all counts.

After the verdict was read, the spouse of this acquaintance calls his mother, yes on her Verizon cell phone, to tell her the news.

What his mother heard was this: “John was found ******** guilty.” – click

So, for the two minutes it took to get through to John’s Mom again, she thought her child was headed to Federal prison. Too bad she can’t sue Verizon for the year that dropped call took off her life.

6. drduran says:

I want that Veringular symbol for my desktop background…:)

7. KivaWolf says:

Ah.. gotta love Robot Chicken’s humor! Love the series.

8. Gari N. Corp says:

Hold on, isn’t this cartoon based on the exact same premise as Cingular’s advertising? Dropped call at inopportune moment and all that…

9. S-the-K says:

1. I love “Robot Chicken”
    2. That bit was a fantastic parody of AT&T’s commercials.

3. I think the Comcast version would be:

“Comcast: We’re slowing your Internet connection on purpose and there isn’t **** you can do about it.”

10. Saboth says:

I laughed so hard at this sketch last sunday.

11. theblackdog says:

This is why I absolutely love Robot Chicken. Were those the same babies that came out of Britney Spears?

12. @S-the-K: Both are true statements at the moment. Comcast is violating net nuetrality and because Congress has no balls, there isn’t shit we can do about it.

13. axiomatic says:

Robot Chicken is the best show on TV right now PERIOD. <-Theres another period!

14. LucyInTheSky says: