United Airlines raised fares by $5-$10 each way, prompting the other major carriers to increase fares as well. This is the 8th price increase this year. [BusinessWeek]
More From Consumerist
- When The Biggest U.S. Airlines Try To Compete With Low-Cost Carriers, Travelers Win
- Delta, American, United & Southwest Face Passenger Lawsuits Over Alleged Collusion For Higher Airfares
- Airfare Deals Popping Up In Some Cities As Airlines Try To Fill More Seats
- American Airlines Will Honor Super Low “Mistake Fares” That Discounted Flights Up To 90% (UPDATE)
- Does Booking Direct With The Airline Actually Offer You The Lowest Price?