111 shirtless men of average builds prank a huge Abercromibe & Fitch store. [ImprovEverywhere]

Comments

1. Trai_Dep says:

Would have gotten more press had they gone pantless, but you try getting 111 men to admit they’re merely average down there.

2. UpsetPanda says:

That could be one of the most hilarious things that improv everywhere has done. I laughed so hard, but admit that I made a mr. ick face when I saw the picture of the hairy back. ick.

3. SuicidalBunny says:

Wait, but who was serving the lunch specials?

4. csdiego says:

That. was beautiful.

5. bohemian says:

I have a special hate for Abercrombie so I found the improve really funny. The Abercrombie at our one and only regional mall spews perfume out of the front doors. It fills the main hallway of the mall. If you want to get from one end of the mall to the other you have to walk through the funk gagging and wheezing.

I complained to the mall manager. That worked for about three weeks and Abercrombie was back polluting the hallway.

The hair back guy was great. I seriously do not get the Abercrombie image. It just seems like it is the result of some creepy old closet case guy’s fantasies combined with overpriced clothes.

6. hypnotik_jello says:

Haha, the fact that they actually refused to let some of the people who wanted to buy shirts cracks me up.

7. aduzik says:

Ugh, I can’t stand Abercrombie. And honestly, several of those guys were much better-looking than the paid model. This is counter-marketing at its finest; I don’t want to buy from A&F, I do want to hang out with those hot guys who aren’t wearing A&F clothes.

@BOHEMIAN: the A&F at my local mall does the same thing. It combines with the nearby Cinnabon smell and the Starbucks smell to make for a truly disgusting stench.

8. ElizabethD says:

Oh yay for those guys! Wish I’d been in NYC that day. Abercrombie needs to get over itself. Talk about hype.

9. nardo218 says:

These guys are great. :) This isnt’ their best prank, though, check out their Best Buy infiltration and the ipod park thing.

10. RandomHookup says:

Is it just me or did an awful lot of those guys look fit beyond average? Some self-selection involved perhaps?

11. benwellington says:

@RandomHookup:
    That is because they sent out an email for people to come and told them that they have to be comfortable taking off their shirt in public. That is self selection indeed.

12. RandomHookup says:

@benwellington: Still, you think a few more ‘great white whales’ would do it just for laughs. Hell, I’d be uncomfortable taking off my shirt around that bunch of wannabe models.

13. mac-phisto says:

love those folks over at IE – you crack me up every time i read about a prank.

14. Everyone should read this article about the man behind Abercrombie—a seemingly closeted 61-year-old youth worshiper who loves plastic surgery and has a maniacal obsession with promoting a specific type of young male image. The photo alone is worth clicking the link: [www.salon.com]

15. jesirose says:

I’m surprised no one has yet pointed out how touchy the staff was when escorting the guys out. They had their hands all over these guys, pushing them out of the store – not only while shopping, but actually trying to check out. I didn’t hear any of them say it was against the policy or anything, they just started man-handling them. That’s a lot more offensive to me than reciept checking.

It is also legal in NY for women to be topless in public, but I guess they only did guys for this one because of the male models in A&F. It would be interesting to see how they would react if it were women. Maybe they wouldn’t let them in the store, but it would be perfectly legal for topless women to be outside the store on public property, and I bet they’d have a fit.