“The company said it does not determine the requests’ legality or necessity because to do so would slow efforts to save lives in criminal investigations.” – Verizon Says It Turned Over Data Without Court Orders [Washington Post]
More From Consumerist
- Court Says Facebook Can’t Challenge Search Warrants For User Data
- New York City Audit Calls Out Verizon For Failure To Build Out FiOS Network As Promised
- What You Need To Know About Tomorrow’s Votes On Net Neutrality And Municipal Broadband
- Feds Try To Have Most Of Twitter’s Transparency Lawsuit Dismissed
- Why Is Verizon Misleading Consumers With The Charts In These FiOS Ads?