How filing a fraud alert with each of the three major credit bureaus works, as told by a blogger who recently had to go through the process. [No Credit Needed]
By consumerist.com October 15, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Credit Bureaus Must Pay $6M, Fix Errors More Quickly Under 31-State Agreement
- Credit Bureaus Agree To Revamp Practices For Handling Errors, Unpaid Medical Bills
- Nearly 35% Of Consumers Have Never Checked Their Credit Reports
- Why Does Negative Info Linger On Your Credit Report For Up To 7 Years?
- Senator Pushes For System To Notify Consumers ‘The Moment Access To Their Credit Is Requested’