Don’t buy grades from your kids, cautions Kiplinger—it’s a slippery slope, and confuses the issue, which should be about achievement and investing in the future rather than turning eduction into a Rewards Program that will eventually run dry or lose its appeal. [Kiplinger]
By cwalters October 4, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?
- Kickstarter: Project Backers Must Get Rewards (But Leave Us Out Of It)
- Sears Hires Experienced Consumer Appliance Executive To Run Hardlines, Maybe Sell Stuff
- Sears Leadership Still Convinced That Rewards Program Will Save The Company
- More Banks Are Offering Student Loan Refinancing, But Is It Really Safe & Beneficial?