Radiohead’s pay-what-you-want experiment is going well, according to a band spokesman, who says that “most people are deciding on a normal retail price with very few trying to buy it for a penny.” Most pre-orders so far have been for the more expensive (we guess?) disc-box version, which comes with a book, two CDs, vinyl copies, more songs, and a ringtone of Thom Yorke mewing like a hurt cat. Oh, wait, no ringtone—that would make it a Ringle. [Wired]
By cwalters October 3, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Adobe Accuses Forever 21 Of Pirating Design Software
- GameStop CFO Says Company Will Weather Walmart, But Hints At Continued Store Closures
- Sprint Doubles AT&T’s Data-Doubling Promotion
- How Do Video Game Publishers Continue To Get Away With Mistreating Their Customers?
- Consumer Behavior In Rhode Island Shows Shopping For A New Health Plan Can Pay Off