IKEA: It's Your Last Chance To Save Nothing

IKEA would like you to know that it’s your last chance to save on the HEJ tealight holder.

(Photo:Thanks, Matt!)

Comments

1. wring says:

Oh no, not Ikea!

2. HeyThereKiller says:

what the flarke?

3. Anonymous says:

Could be worse…

…could be like Walmart where they jack up the price and call it “savings”.

4. Captain Obvious here, but hats a rather elaborate large sign to be made for something so pointless. After paying someone to design it (or enter it into a template), get it printed, mounted and displayed, they probably blew all the income they would have got from selling a hundred-thousand 29¢ tealight holders.

5. liquisoft says:

@LastVigilante:

Every IKEA has an in-house design team and their own printing machines. Banners like that can be made in the morning before the store opens and printed out rather quickly.

6. SVreader says:

I hope there are some left over after work! I only buy tealight holders during these special sales.

7. axiomatic says:

Vi avfärdar ingenting!

8. Chicago7 says:

This happens more than you think. It’s only sometimes that they screw up and you can see it plainly.

The grocery store near me has, several times, marked something up one day, and then the next day reduced the price back to where it was and called it a huge SALE!

Unless you know your prices, you get screwed a lot of the time.

9. blue_duck says:

I only shop where I’m TOLD I’m going to save~ even if I really don’t. 29 cents for a tealight holder.. hmmmm… :P

10. letoofdune says:

@HeyThereKiller:

My girlfriend and I, as we were moving in together, basically furnished our small apartment in Flarke. We once contemplated getting IKEA blue and yellow shirts with “Flarke is Love” written on the back.

11. Soulgenesis says:

“wow! it was TWENTY nine cents, but now it’s twenty NINE cents? i must have it!”

i guess that’s what they wanted to happen xD

12. Soulgenesis says:

eating post.

13. mandarin says:

maybe they were referring to 29 Canadian cents in the beginning..

14. bedofnails says:

I love the new Ikea – “would you like a bag with this?”

.05 later you get to carry your Swedish crap home in a bag.

15. dextrone says:

At least it’s cheap…..29 cents isn’t that bad.

16. dirk1965 says:

This is a riot. I hate IKEA anyway, so it doesn’t matter to me. I don’t follow printed instruactions from China very well anyway.

17. mroach says:

If anyone is interested, HEJ means Hi in Swedish

18. Jay Levitt says:

If that’s the luminary I think it is, it used to run about $7-$10. I used to share a 700-foot driveway with three other houses, and I’d have big parties, so I bought about 20 of those luminaries to line the driveway so people could find my house.

29 cents is a bargain – and at the sale price of 29 cents, doubly so.

19. j3s says:

I think everyone is missing the point here.

You see, it used to be 29 cents in small, black font, but now it’s 29 cents in LARGE, RED FONT. Huge difference.

Absurdity of the sign aside, you have to wonder about the person(s) who actually designed, printed, proofread, and/or approved it. Through the whole process of design to hanging, how many “Yeah, looks good!” remarks did it receive?