We'll Take A Half-Dozen Of The $4.88 Laptops, Please

It’s too bad that they seem to only have one left.

(Photo: Ryan McFarland)

Comments

1. TechnoDestructo says:

Maybe that’s supposed to be $488? I don’t see a decimal.

2. C2D says:

@TechnoDestructo: When is the last time you saw a Wal Mart price panel listed with a decimal point?

At any rate, you get what you deserve when you shop there.

3. CoffeeAddict says:

I would so take a 100 or so of those notebooks. I know they would probably catch it at the register but it would be worth it just for trouble the wal-mart people would go through trying to change it and having to honor the mark down.

4. homerjay says:

@CoffeeAddict: As I understand it from legal training when dealing with retail- they don’t HAVE to honor it. its not false advertising unless it gets you into the store. In other words- it has to be external advertising- not mispricing.

5. bsankr says:

…or someone took down the first two digits in the dollar pricing and took a picture of it? centering kind of gives it away.

6. Critcol says:

In Massachusetts, they’d have to honor the listed price for at least one item.

7. mopar_man says:

@bsankr:

That’s what I’m thinking has happened.

8. ikimashokie says:

Last I went, there were 3-in-1 hp printers for $598. Perhaps that’s where they are making up the difference…

9. ShadowFalls says:

@homerjay:

Depends on the state, each state has different laws regarding this.

10. erockO says:

pretty obvious someone just took the numbers out. it isnt that hard

11. Shadowfire says:

@bsankr: It looks like the numbers got slid over… check the $… there’s something behind it.

12. bsankr says:

@Shadowfire: the numbers for the signs come with that spiral binding… looks like it’s not flush with the number behind it. you can probably guess how i know.. haha.

13. catnapped says:

@ikimashokie: That or the full priced ones that are 2-3 years old.

But of course most of their customers wouldn’t know any better!

14. infinitysnake says:

It’s not an actual laptop, it’s a plastic prop laptop. I’m guessing there are laptop skins or similar underneath.

15. Whoa – i took this picture with my camera phone. It was on the second day that the Juneau Walmart was open in Alaska (just a few weeks ago). I didn’t move any numbers (although someone else may have but i’m pretty sure they were all too busy salivating over the incredible bargains in the DVD bin.

16. cryrevolution says:

@infinitysnake: While I completely agree, why would they tie down a plastic prop laptop? Then again….it IS Wal-Mart. Nevermind.

17. TPK says:

Maybe that is how much the plastic “security strap” costs? :-)

18. Sasquatch says:

Wait, they have “Vista”? Never mind. Not worth it.

19. Only at Wal-Mart…