Are “sports drinks” really just junk food? Should they be removed from vending machines in schools? “One analysis determined that kids who drink a 20-ounce Gatorade each day could gain 13 extra pounds over the course of a year.” A debate in congress rages on.[CalorieLab]
More From Consumerist
- Pepsi Is Planning To Launch An Organic Version Of Gatorade Next Year
- FDA Giving Businesses Another Year To Comply With Rules Requiring Calorie Counts On Menus
- IHOP, Applebee’s Remove Sugary Drinks From Children’s Menu
- Could Automated Grocery Stores Be In Our Future?
- Remembering Reusable Grocery Bags Makes Us Buy More Junk Food