Reach Speakeasy Executive Customer Service

Steve Miranda
206-902-5321

(Photo: badjonni)

Comments

1. Buran says:

Good luck, you’ll need it if you bought your internet service from Best Buy.

2. missjulied says:

Hm, I’ve had Speakeasy service for over 10 years, and their customer service is still as spectacular as it has always been (which is why I pay a premium for their service instead of going with Comcast/Qwest/etc). I was concerned about the sale to Best Buy, but I haven’t noticed any changes at all. Have you experienced something different?

3. Randal Milholland says:

I’ve seldom dealt with incompetence on the level I did while I was a customer of Speakeasy. Their tech support’s answer to everything is, “Read the documentation.” Mind you, when you’ve read it and your question isn’t covered they have no idea what to do.

I will say, however, their executive team was good. When I yanked my site off of Speakeasy’s piss-poor business solutions servers I was sure to send a detailed complaint about they two years of horrible service I’d had, starting with their sales team’s attempt at a bait and switch to the constant server down times and insulting tech support who didn’t even try to pretend how unimportant your problems were to them. Two weeks later I received a phone call from someone at Speakeasy saying my complaint had been researched and Speakeasy apologized for the blatant mishandling of my account. They’d found out things were a lot worse than I’d thought they were and refunded the previous year’s “rent” to me after going through all their findings one by one.

I was really impressed – it was just a shame that level of professionalism wasn’t found everywhere else in the company.

4. smartwatermelon says:

Same here, MissJulieD; happy Speakeasy customer for several years and very impressed with their level of tech support service. I was initially worried about the Best Buy purchase, but so far it doesn’t seem to have affected them at all.

5. bnpederson says:

Give it time. If geek squad is any indication Best Buy corporate policy will slowly remove every redeeming feature in favor of “profit.”

6. missjulied says:

From what I’ve heard, there’s a huge difference between their consumer service departments and business service departments. Experiences like RKM0001’s seem to be typical with business accounts. But that’s been the case since before Best Buy bought them.

We’ll see where this Best Buy thing goes I guess. I don’t have high hopes, but since their consumer accounts are such a small portion of their business maybe they’ll leave them alone.