So, it turns out that if you send salmonella bacteria into space, it comes back super evil and kills mice much faster than regular earthly salmonella. Bad news for those of you who enjoy eating Walmart peanut butter in space. [WSJ Health Blog]
More From Consumerist
- ConAgra May Face Federal Misdemeanor Charges For 2007 Tainted Peanut Butter Case
- ConAgra To Pay $11M, Plead Guilty To Criminal Charge In Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- 1 Photo & 3 Quotes That Explain Why You Should Watch Tonight’s Frontline About Chicken & Salmonella
- Could A Fungus Extract Take Away Drug-Resistant Superbugs’ Super Powers?
- September Food And Supplement Recall Roundup – Salmonella Is Not A Superfood