Listen to NPR’s “Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!” this Saturday to hear the mellifluous sound of Ben Popken’s voice. One of the quizzes will be to hear three customer service stories, and you have to guess which one is true. Ben will reveal the answer.

Comments

1. Trai_Dep says:

Imagine Ben totally* naked during his answering, for extra fun!

* (except for the bashful smile, of course)

2. muckpond says:

it’s like all of my favorite media being crammed into one big giant package of awesome!

now, if only we could guarantee that paula poundstone is on the panel this week.

3. Antediluvian says:

Oh oh oh — Mr Kott-terrr–

Is the answer, “C”???
    It’s always C, isn’t it?

C’mon, you can tell us!

4. Cowboys_fan says:

I read “hear the mellifluous sound of Ben Popken’s voice” and thought; who in the world could possibly think that. I came inside and sure enough, it was Ben himself. Now it all makes sense.

5. Antediluvian says:

@Cowboys_fan: Oh, crap. You’re right.

Then per the Gawker Style Guide, it should be,

Listen to NPR’s “Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!” this Saturday to hear the mellifluous sound of our voice. One of the quizzes will be to hear three customer service stories, and you have to guess which one is true. We will reveal the answer.

I still think the answer is “C”.

6. Cowboys_fan says:

@Antediluvian: Thats hitting the nail right on the head.
    Also this sounds like a rip-off of sorts from Fact or Fiction, or some lame show like that I keep seeing on friday nights on some lame channel.

7. STrRedWolf says:

Oh good! It makes me glad I have their podcast edition subscribed to in iTunes. Definitely worth the wait, although Saturday… hmmmm…

8. Dorgon says:

I’ve been listening to this show weekly, almost since its inception, and it is rare that I know the answer to the “Bluff the Listener” game. I’m very excited because I am sure that I will have read the true story right here on this very blog. Now if only I had been the one playing (they tape on Thursday nights), I could have had Carl Kasell’s voice on my home answering machine!

9. RandomHookup says:

If one of the stories involves Charlie Pierce and Wisconsin, chose another one. Oh, and never pick Roxanne.

10. drjayphd says:

And here I thought he was going to be playing Not My Job. Harumph.

11. Anonymous says:

Sounded like you not so much revealed the answer as gave some weird advice… Bad edit?