You can find yourself hit with all sorts of crazy fees at closing time, some of them unnecessary or overinflated, says Bankrate. But how do you know what’s reasonable? For a fee, natch, of $45 the National Mortgage Complaint Center (866-714-6466) will examine your fees and see if they’re too high or out of the ordinary. You can also see how your fees compare with state averages.
Avoid Crazy Closing Fees
By consumerist.com September 17, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Report: Online Checking Accounts & Credit Unions Beat Traditional Banking
- 3 Reasons You Might Want To Dump Your Credit Card
- Should Hotels Be Required To Include Mandatory “Resort Fees” In Published Room Rates?
- Average ATM Fees Hit Record High Of $4.52, Up 21% Over 5 Years
- Appeals Court Breathes New Life Into ATM Fee Price-Fixing Suit