“The health department does not consider a person’s shoe or boot a proper instrument to use in food preparation…” [AP]

Comments

1. TechnoDestructo says:

Smashing things with blunt objects is more fun anyway.

2. AcidReign says:

But think of the cost savings! How many garlic heads can one kick-stomp into delicious goo in 10 minutes? A lot more than one can run though a garlic press, at one bud at a time. And, you get that “special, garbage-can-leakage, alley-juice seasoning,” as well!

Stupid health nazis. Humph.

3. RottNDude says:

Heh, you said “leakage”…

4. spinachdip says:

But wine made with grapes crushed by the feet of nubile peasant girls is fine, right? Because I really like my foot-crushed wine.

5. girly says:

eww

I saw something on “Kitchen Nightmares” where employees were using an industrial-sized stick-type mixer to mix some soup. They were resting the mixer on the floor and then put it straight into the soup.

yummy

I also saw a documentary about noodle-making in japan where they were stepping on the dough to knead it (IIRC). But the dough was covered with plastic wrap. And they were wearing socks (if that helps).

6. 2Legit2Quit says:

ughh… make me question my local Grand China Buffet

7. jrdnjstn78 says:

Can I use my hammer then?

8. @spinachdip: As long as their feet are clean and they aren’t stomping them in a smelly alley.

9. lostsynapse says:

@spinachdip: @spinachdip:

Is there an international oversight committee making sure that the grape stampers are nubile peasants? I don’t want my Wal-mart wine stomped by apreadolescent inhabitant of a Beijing ghetto. For one, the FBI would be busting down my door for possession of child grape snuff paraphernalia.

10. JMH says:

@lostsynapse: I would volunteer to be on that oversight committee.