Taking a lesson from this summer’s royal clusterfuck of delays, cancellations, and passengers stranded for hours on the tarmac, airlines have decided to tweak things a bit for the better. Here’s some of the proposed measures:
- Sell fewer seats on busy routes
- Increase number of jet flying the same routes
- Increase staff at at hubs to help with passengers missing connections
- Increase operating day by 30 minutes
- Have aircraft available as “spares”
- Increase planes’ ground time
The moves translate to increased airline costs, a reality you can expect to see reflected in your ticket price.