Walmart Rolls Back Prices Negative Sixteen Cents

Reader Jonathan’s son snapped this photo of a Walmart price “rollback” in Tawas City, Michigan, this Labor Day Monday. The current price is $1.98, the previous, $1.82. “I do see the irony of being in a Wal-Mart on Labor Day,” writes Jonathan, “and I still feel unclean for it.”

PREVIOUSLY:
Walmart “Rolls Back” Prices Negative Ten Dollars And Two Cents
This Walmart Sign Also Shows Excellent Attention To Detail
Watch Out For Falling Rising Prices
Walmart Caught Incorrectly Tagging Food As Organic

Comments

1. supra606 says:

There are lots of pictures like this all over the internet. I guess I don’t really have much sympathy for Wal Mart when their employees screw something up. They would probably be a bit more focused if they weren’t so worried about how they are going to make ends meet.

2. MENDOZA!!!!! says:

Gotta make up for that falling stock price somehow.

3. mantari says:

Didn’t we do this one before?

4. HalOfBorg says:

OK – it’s funny at first, but I also look at it like this – they are being HONEST about it. I KNOW it was just a mistake – but they should ADVERTISE that we even admit it when we RAISE prices.

5. Buran says:

Complain to manager, anyone?

6. pestie says:

@HalOfBorg: How is a big sign saying “ROLLBACK” and “Smile, you’re saving even more” when the price is being increased considered honest?

7. mopar_man says:

I’m tempted to go into my local Wal-Mart and look for signs like this along with Nazi shirts but they don’t offer showers outside the front door after you leave. Not that I would use it anyway being the water is likely laced with leaked pesticides from the gardening department.

8. hypnotik_jello says:

@mopar_man: don’t forget to show your receipt, while you’re at it.

9. Caroofikus says:

@supra606: I hate to be the one defending the retail behemoth, but in response to the employees making ends meet, Wal-Mart actually pays more than Target. The funny thing is I had worked at Target before and left on good terms. Apparently, my experience at Target was worth $2.00 an hour more to Wal-Mart.

10. darkclawsofchaos says:

It’s Labor Day, that extra 16 cents are for holiday pay for all their laborers

11. Dranzerk says:

Look another picture of walmart without any back story behind it..big surprise coming from this website.

Most likely they are changing the sign, or just forgot to get changed. Big deal, not even worth a post here. Work at walmart during labor day weekend, its crazy busy. Heck for all we know the person who took the picture or some other moron just changed the sign to snap a pic to put on the internet.